Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have a Deskjet 2060 AIO deskjet printer and want to connect to the Netgear Router N300 DNG2200 on the usb port on the router. When the printer is connected there is no notification on the USB port on configuration page. If I connect usb drive it is dected. Thanks for help in advance. 

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello underwater,

Your HP Deskjet 2060 is not a network printer , hence it cannot be connected/configured to the Router using USB.

Below is the link for document ...

Product Specification

Regards,
Jabzi

Help the community by marking this post .
Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
See a great post? Give it a Kudos!
I work for HP

Regards,
Jabzi

Give Kudos to say "thanks" by clicking on the "thumps Up icon" .

Click "Accept as Solution" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
HP Recommended

Dear Jabzi,

The router features a USB port and should be posible to connect the usb devices to the router. The router is N300 DGN2200. I have checked the specs fro net and says it can support USB printer. Maybe I will divert my query to Netgear. 

Thanks for your help. 

HP Recommended
underwater, Jabzi is correct, but could elaborate a little further. The printer and the printer's software do not support a direct USB connection to the router. For this model of printer the only method of connection is directly to the computer using the USB cord.

If you would like a printer capable of operating on the network, be sure to read the product specifications beforehand to be sure that the printer you select is capable of that particular type of communication.

I hope this helps!
HP Recommended

I really feel bad that I bought a product for which the customer support is so poor.

@Underwater

Yes you can add the printer to the router and the router should be able to direct your requests. Due to the printer software restrictions, the other utilities like cleaning/alighning etc would not work and you'd have to connect via USB.

I am using the same printer with my Belkin N600 router and the printing works fine.

And on a side note, just try to figure out things yourself. The support (as evident from the above two replies) is outright pathetic and misleading.

HP Recommended

@underwater

Hi, Even im trying to connect HP 2060 with Netgear N300 and im facing the same problem.... could u find out a solution. Pl help me in case u find out something....

Thanx

HP Recommended

Hello, Harry, are you having an issue connecting the printer to the router either with a Ethernet cord or wirelessly, or are you connecting the printer to the router with specifically a USB cord? The HP software does not currently support that particular connection. Essentially the printer is viewed as a shared device across the network, but because it is connected this way the printer cannot be installed with the software. USB installation requires the connection between the printer and the computer directly. The effectiveness of the drivers on the router is entirely dependent upon the router that it is connected to. 

-Spencer 

HP Recommended
Just wanted to know the list of HP printers compatible with ReadyShare so that I can connect my printer thru USB to a Netgear wifi router and share it with wireless devices..... I had an HP 2060 but I suppose I doesn't support..... So which one should I buy ? Can anyone help me out?
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.