Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
office jet pro 6970
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

how to finish config for office jet pro 6970, i'm blocked on HP Smart page

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Jean-Pierre2, Welcome to HP Support Community!

This could be an issue with the Web Services, let us try to disable and enable the services. Here is how you can do it-

Step 1 Remove the Web-Services -

1. From the top of the screen, touch or swipe down the tab to open the Dashboard, touch ( HP ePrint ), and then touch (Web Services Settings).

2. Touch Remove Web Services.

Reboot the devices.

Step 2 Enable the Web-Services -

1. From the top of the screen, touch or swipe down the tab to open the Dashboard, and then touch ( Setup ).

2. Touch Web Services Setup .

3. Touch Accept to accept the Web Services terms of use and enable Web Services.

4. On the screen that appears, touch OK to allow the printer to automatically check for product updates.

5. If the Printer Update Options screen is displayed, select one of the options.

6. When the printer is connected to the server, the printer prints an information page. Follow the instructions on the information page to finish the setup.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi, thanks for your answer.

I have followed your instructions, but i still have the same problem, on the smrt screen (hp connected) if i close the page i have a message "suivant" or "fermer" if i click on the "suivant" i go back on the screen hp connected, and if i click on *fermer* my printer is not configured....

Thanks in advance

have a nice week-end and kind regards

Jean-Pierre Vuille

HP Recommended

@Jean-Pierre2 I suggest we remove and reinstall the HP Smart app for your device to refresh the settings and fix this issue, here's how you do it:

1. Open Windows Start
  2. Search for Apps & Features
  3. Open Apps & Features and click on HP Smart
  4. Select Uninstall

The Uninstall should only take a minute or two depending on your machine.

Once remove, restart the device and use the steps in this link to install the HP Smart app back on your device: click here

If the issue persists, please upgrade the printer firmware by clicking here for steps.

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

LOL,  i Don't have the possibility "uninstall"  😄😃

anyway thanks for your help, i'll try an other solution or change my printer …...😂😂

Jean-Pierre

HP Recommended

@Jean-Pierre2, Welcome to HP Support Community!

Please reach out to the HP Support in your region for further assistance. Some remote assistance can help you fix the issue.

Hope this helps!

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.