Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
hp office jet
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi , Since windows 10 update my laptop will not print to  hp Officejet pro 8710,  I uninstall the software and reinstall it  but it still does not recognize the driver . I  try Hp smart setup still the same , also tried hp scan and print doctor it try to install the driver but it does not recognize the driver . When I go to settings I see the printer listed but it says the Driver is unavailable .

Any Help  will be highly appreciated.   Thanks

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

@ren76

Welcome to HP support community.

Did you uninstall the printer driver from root level and reinstall it?

If not, follow the below steps:

Perform root level uninstallation to remove all the printer related software's.

• In Windows, search for and open Programs and Features.
  • Select your HP printer.
  • Select Uninstall.
  • In Windows, search for and open Devices and Printers.
  • In the Devices and Printers window look for your HP Printer. If you see it listed, right-click on it and choose "Delete" or "Remove Device.”
  • Open up the run command with the "Windows Key + R" key combo.
  • Type printui.exe /s and click OK.
  • Click on Drivers tab.
  • Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it click on it and click Remove at the bottom.
  • Select OK.
  • Remove all instances of the same.
  • Select Apply and OK on the Print Server Properties windows.
  • Close Devices and Printers. 
  • Restart the PC again.

Download and install printer full feature driver

Click here to download the driver.

I hope that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

when I input printui.exe /s  I receive the following message, "Server properties cannot be viewed.  The local print spooler service is not running.  Please restart the spooler or restart the machine."  I have done this process several time and receive the same message.

HP Recommended

@JerCPA

Welcome to HP support community.

Which operating system is installed on the computer to which this printer is connected?

Reply with the requested information for more assistance.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Greetings:

I just updated windows 7 pro with windows 10 pro.  The printer I have is a HP Officejet Pro 8710.

Cheers

HP Recommended

@JerCPA

Could you send the screenshot of the error message for further assistance?

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Cheers:

I received no error message.  After numerous attempts to download printer drivers for a HP Officejet Pro 8710 I continue to receive a message in setup that, "driver is unavailable."  Among the steps I have followed are delete print drivers from root directory, added.old to spool drivers, make sure printer spool was running.  So far none of the steps have worked.  The machine I am using is a Samsung notebook that had windows 7 pro which I updated to windows 10 pro.  I also have a HP notebook which has had no problems using the HP 8710.  The HP notebook had windows 10 home when purchased.  Any ideas?

HP Recommended

Cheers

I do receive the following message when I click the printer name in settings that states driver is unavailable

JerCPA_0-1581609028600.png

HP Recommended

@JerCPA

This might required remote access of the computer to fix the issue.

I request you to talk to HP support.

They might have multiple options to help you with this.

1. Click on this link - https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp?openCLC=true
  2. Select the country.
  3. Enter the serial of your device.
  4. Select the country from the drop-down.
  5. Click on "Show Options".
  6. Fill the web-form. A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

I hope that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.