• post a message
Highlighted
Level 1
2 1 0 3
Message 1 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

iCloud drive support for all-in-one-remote app

I'd like to be able to scan a document and upload this directly to iCloud Drive from the all in one remote app. I've seen a feature to upload directly to Dropbox, but I'd like to upload to iCloud Drive directly. Also, please note that I'm aware of a function to sync documents to iCloud trough the app, but this doesn't place the documents in iCloud Drive?
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
2,245 2,120 146 292
Message 2 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey @harrie09

Welcome to the HP Support Forum. I hope you enjoy your experience here.

I see that you're looking to save scanned documents to iCloud when using the HP All in One Printer Remote. I would like to assist you with this. I experimented with the app on my end and have a tip that might work for you. 

You are right about not seeing iCloud in the list of cloud storage points - it's simply not in the list. Yet, there is an 'Other' selection at the bottom of the list. When you complete a scan and tap on the 'Save/Send to' icon, tap on Other. From there you can manually type in the name of the storage point, your user name (Apple ID I'm guessing), password and the URL for the service. I don't have an iCloud account to actually test it on my end, but if you don't mind this one-time setup process it should be as simple as typing in your info manually to make iCloud one of the save points you can use moving forward. 

Let me know if this approach works. If I have helped you resolve the issue and you liked this post, feel free to give me virtual props by clicking on the 'Thumbs Up' icon below and clicking 'Solved' (this will help others find the solution).

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum.

Have a great day! :robotvery-happy:

E-roq
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
2 1 0 3
Message 3 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi E-roq,
Thanks for your answer. Unfortunately Apple doesn't seem to use standards in accessing data in iCloud Drive such as WebDAV. The fore the server address, which I've guessed would be something like iCloud.com doesn't work. I've done some research and it seems that iCloud Drive is a push service for exchanging files between multiple devices.

I hope either Apple would support a standard method in exchanging files in the future, or the HP all-in-one remote app could get support for iCloud Drive, which I know is possible because I've seen apps doing so. For example the FileBrowser app (by stratosferix) supports exporting files to iCloud Drive.

Whatever, I seem to have a workaround for this problem at this point. When I e-mail the scanned document to myself, I can open it in the FileBrowser app and the. Export it to iCloud Drive, which is great but a little bit complicated.
Highlighted
5 4 0 0
Message 4 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have used this service also with an HP MFP device and it worked fine. Until today the iCloud Drive, One Drive, showed in my list on the 'share' screen. I contacted Microsoft for the Server URL in order to use the 'other' screen to add a service and it did not work. I have moved docs here before when I could just select One Drive from the list. I can't figure out what to do to get it back in the list. <br>Originally it showed up on the list and I did nothing to get it there. <br>Any ideas? Also, the forum will not allow me to post the URL that MS provided me.
0 Kudos
Level 2
11 5 1 1
Message 5 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

What would be the storage point? Is it my username on iCloud, also what would be in the server address input field.
Highlighted
5 4 0 0
Message 6 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I ended up emailing the doc to myself and uploading from there so I dropped further inquiries. I do not know the answer to your questions, sorry
0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 7 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Wouldn’t it just be easier setting up a network folder on your Mac, instead of the email workflow? If anyone has the information on setting up the network path, greatly appreciated. I too thought of setting it up to be able to access scans from my iPad Pro, which is how I ended up on this forum. Thanks for the help 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 8 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Just returned the HP Officepro 8035 as scanned doc to email would not recognize my icloud address book! Had to type in each individual email address! Sending it back!
0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation