Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Envy 7640
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Just started using Instant Ink. got message I am almost at my page limit. 2 things:

1. does it count a page as printed when nothing prints - this happened a number of times when attempting to print a webpage 
  2. I can't possibly be out of ink at 50 pages. Can I keep using the same cartridges but a new month will start and the print count starts again?

Please advise. Just getting the hang of this.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi cleo214,

I'm glad to hear you are using Instant Ink!  I think you will really enjoy the convenience and the cost savings!

1.  Instant Ink does not count a page when nothing prints.  This is true of paper jams or blank pages. 

2.  You can continue to print with the same cartridges.  The plan is just letting you know that you are approaching the 50 page monthly number. You are not out of ink after 50 pages.  If you exceed the 50 pages the plan will recommend you move up to the 100 page per month plan for next month.  It's all adjustable.  There are also carryover pages if you don't reach 50 in a month. 

Here is a link to the Instant Ink support page where you can read up on any Q's you have:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-Instant-Ink-series/5264756/model/5401249

And here is a document on managing your account:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-Cloud-Services-Ink-Subscriptions-series/5264756/model/5401249...

Jean

I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

You don't run out of ink after fifty pages.  The fifty pages are what you are paying for but if you use more than your subsri then you paper so much per page.  I used my cartridge for a year before I needed new ink.  It's a great service.

HP Recommended

Hi cleo214,

I'm glad to hear you are using Instant Ink!  I think you will really enjoy the convenience and the cost savings!

1.  Instant Ink does not count a page when nothing prints.  This is true of paper jams or blank pages. 

2.  You can continue to print with the same cartridges.  The plan is just letting you know that you are approaching the 50 page monthly number. You are not out of ink after 50 pages.  If you exceed the 50 pages the plan will recommend you move up to the 100 page per month plan for next month.  It's all adjustable.  There are also carryover pages if you don't reach 50 in a month. 

Here is a link to the Instant Ink support page where you can read up on any Q's you have:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-Cloud-Services-Ink-Subscriptions-series/5264756/model/5401249...

Jean

I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Thanks for the clarification!

HP Recommended
Well, aint that special. I got charged 2 pages on my blank pages. 
And I'm going to be recording what I print, because I don't think HP tally's correctly. 
And, so far there's no convenience. My ink was SUPPOSED to arrive 2 days ago. So far it appears to be stuck in Phoenix for 2 days. It must be that heavy snow storm in Phoenix holding it up. 
And, since I usually run out of ink within a month or two after purchase, and almost NO color usage and yet STILL run out of color ink, I don't even get the ink at most people's cost of over $4000 a gallon! So, whiile it may appear cheaper, it's STILL a major expense! But, now maybe it will be more expensive to HP having to pay for me to run out of ink, before it actually gets used! So, for that, I will get the last laugh! 
So your scripted sentiments offered to OP, I can say back to Meg Dimwhit, HA! 
(And sadly, after all this nonsense, HP is still the best? YIKES! No wonder this sux). 
@JeanJAB wrote:

Hi cleo214,

Jean

HP Recommended

yeah right. 
If blank pages arent charged, then why do i get charged? It doesn't matter to me, because I still have a reserve of 430 pages. It's just quite upsetting that HP appears to be charging and overcharging.
Then again, HP is upsetting as a whole. 
Since u r an employee, MAYBE you can find the way to get the message that its stupid to create a billion different printers and they suck. (Sadly, I'm fully aware that HP is the best there is. Which sucks even more, because that just sets an extremely low standard. And whats worse is I havent found anyone who can step over the thread sized bar HP has set. Even an ant can crawl over that! So, why doesnt anyone else?) 

HP Recommended

@LegendsOfBatman, Welcome to HP Support Community!

To assist you better, We would need some information related to your Instant Ink Subscription. This information cannot be shared on a public post.

I have sent you a private message, reply to the message with your details.

In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link.

Keep me posted.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.