Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
advantage 5275 all in one
Unknown

To write the characters for wi fi instalation  the printer there is a kbrd on the screen

The kbrd have more than 1 character in every square 

How to write the second or third character in the squares?

thx 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@zikmoshe, Welcome to HP Support Community!

Press the button until the correct letter appears on the display. For example, to enter the letter O, press 6, labeled with MNO. Each time you press 6, the display shows a different letter, M, N, O, m, n, o and finally 6. 

Also, you can try the following steps to connect the printer to a wireless network:

Complete the network connection by putting the printer and the router in WPS setup mode. Once connected, install the HP software to wirelessly connect the printer to your computer or mobile device.

NOTE: 

Your network must use Wi-Fi Protected Access (WPA or WPA2) security, and your router must support WPS. Google, eero, Luma, and Plume are some router brands that might not support WPS.

1. Make sure your router has a WPS button or a button with the WPS icon 

• If the router has a WPS button, do not press the button yet. Continue to the next step.

• If the router does not have a WPS button, skip to the frequently asked questions in this document for options.

2. Place the printer within range of the Wi-Fi router signal.

3. Put the printer in WPS connection mode.

• Printers with a touchscreen control panel: Open the Setup, Network, or Wireless settings menu, select Wi-Fi Protected Setup, selectPush Button, and then select Start.

• Printers without a touchscreen control panel: Press and hold the Wireless  button for five seconds until the wireless light flashes. For Tango printers, press and hold the Wireless button and the Power button on the rear of the printer for five seconds until the blue bar flashes.

4. Within two minutes, press and hold the WPS button on the router for three to five seconds, or until the connection process begins.

5. Return to the printer and check the status of the wireless light or bar.

• If the light or blue bar stops flashing, the printer successfully connected to the network. Continue to the next step.

• If the light is still flashing or turned off, the connection failed. Move the printer closer to the router, and then repeat these steps. If the connection still fails, continue to the frequently asked questions in this document.

6. Make sure your computer or mobile device is on the same local wireless network you connected the printer to.

Refer to this document HP Printers - Connecting an HP Printer Using Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) for help.

Alternatively, refer to this document HP Printers - Install and Connect an HP Printer (PCs, Tablets, and Smartphones).

Hope this helps!

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi

I tried to do what you suggested by it didnt work

Mayee I didnt do it correctly, but the problem  is still there

Some more help pls?

tnx

Moshe Zik

HP Recommended

@zikmoshe

Try the WPS method suggested in my previous post and that should work.

Refer to this document HP Printers - Connecting an HP Printer Using Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) for help.

Alternatively, refer to this document HP Printers - Install and Connect an HP Printer (PCs, Tablets, and Smartphones).

Keep me posted.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.