Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Had this same problem, eventually worked when I used the utility on the Mac hp program and connected directly to the printer via USB (was wireless previously)
HP Recommended

I put in a new black ink cartride.  Now my printer screen just shows that bar that keeps moving with "Now printing alignment page..." above it.  I have unplugged the computer, taken out the ink cartridges, reinstalled the ink cartridges, etc, but it did not work.  I tried to reinstall the drivers from a CD and the website since I don't have a "solution center" on my computer.  When I do this,  I get an error message.  I follow all the steps to reinstall the driver (3 times) and still get the same error message so I can't go to the settings in a Solution Center if it is not installed.  Please help. I've only had  this printer for a little over a year and have not printed on it so much that it should be worn out.

HP Recommended

Hi. I'm not Guido, but i noticed you asked if he was using new OEM or Refurbished cartridges.

I have just installed a remanufactured 60XLC  into my Photosmart D110.

I can't get it to allign the cartridges. Is this because it is a 'remanufatured' one,

and if so is there anything I can do about it?

It will print out the alignment page (which appears to be printed somewhat off-skew, or crooked), but

when I place it properly on the glass it does not seem to recognize it.

Thanks, for any help

HP Recommended

I have same problem. Won't go past the alignment page. But I'm using "incompatible cartridges." I get refills at Costco. Printer has worked before using these.  Now, nothing.  Is this HP's way of punishing me for not using HP product when something just as good is available cheaper?  If no fix, I'd just as soon throw the printer away and buy someone else's product.

HP Recommended
Accepted Solution
HP Recommended

i have just bought Hp officejet 4620 and it is tuck trying to print the alignment pape at the first time intallization. ("printing  alignment paper" shown on the screen). i try all your instructions  but it isn't helpful.

what should i do now?

hope to see your final and right intructions as soon as posible.

thanks and best regards.

HP Recommended

Hi tanduyloi,

I understand you have an Officejet 4620 that when setting it up is stuck on the printing alignment page screen. I will certainly do my best to assist you with this.

It sounds, perhaps, that the printer is not getting enough power to get through the process. I would recommend starting with a hard reset on the unit, and during that process, make sure the printer is plugged directly to a wall outlet.

If the alignment still won't complete after this it's an issue with the firmware/hardware of the printer. I would recommend calling HP Tech Support for your area and inquire what options they have, or if you just purchased the printer you can always see what the store's return policy is.

Hope this helps, have a great day!!

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to thank me for responding! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post resolved your issue, as it will help others find the solution faster!

**MissTeriLynn**
I work on behalf of HP
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.