Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Any news on this topic ?

Having same problem.

Environment

1. Mikrotik router rb951

2. Mac mini connected to router via ct5

3. MBP connected to router via wifi

4. P1102w connected to router via wifi

5. Printer found and installed via bonjour

I don't want to use any 3rd party software. It just has to work, isn't it ?

Now I didn't need to print any PDFs, which I understand may be a problem, I am just printing JPG scans or even just a plain Word doc and it takes ages

HP Recommended

seems no new news about this. Get Printershare and forget this problem even existed (or any other 3rd party software for mobile printing). I recommend this one because I've tested it on multiple sites and printers and it works like a charm.

Also make sure you assign a static IP to the printer (IP Reservation feature) so the software (any of them) doesn't need to search for it at each print.

Good luck.

HP Recommended

No, Printershare or any other 3rd party device will not solve most people's issue.  The printer is designed to be used standalone. All 3rd party software relies on the printer being connected to a PC or other computer that is permanently switched on.  This printer _should_ be able to receive and print documents sent to HPePrint as attachments and process them properly.      After initially raising this issue and NEVER recveiocving anything close to a coherent attempt at resolution from HP I am left recommending users look elsewhere for a remote printing option...

MW

HP Recommended

I have the same issue - slow printing via WiFi. Biggest lags I noticed where with PDF, and Word documents.

Shame on HP that nothing has been done all this time and the printer is still being sold. Bugs happen but there should be some response from manufacturer to fix them. I'm not going to recommend HP wireless printers for sure.

Has anyone returned this printer and got a refund?

HP Recommended

I had this problem, and I solved it without using third-party software!

For some reason, Windows defaults to using the http/ePrinting over the wireless. If you uninstall that printer (in Devices and Printers), then use "Add Printer" to add it again. There will be two options: one starts with "http" and the other does not. It will just be the printer name and an IP address. Use this one. This one will print instantly!  

HP Recommended

Hi there,

found that i posted the same behaviour.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printer-All-in-One-Install-Setup/brand-new-Laserjet-pro-1102w-taking-4-...

i am trying to send emails to my 1102w. I now have 3 printers - each should have his seperate email address and receive either packing lists or labels by email from our ERP software.

its easy, small and always the same PDFs. One printer has a 4 minute delay.

I have got 2 replacement printers already - both showed the same 4 minute delay from one page to the other.

i don't know any way out anymore - tried everything - even HP support kind of surrendered without a resolution.

very strange thing is that the first printer i got about a year ago prints without delays... (just sometimes randomly looses eprint configuration and webservices need to be enabled and set up again)

anybody found a way to make it work finally?

i am considering putting some mini PC there that receives the emails or PDFs to print and sends them to the 2 printers directly...

HP Recommended

I am having trouble connecting to ePrint using a m177fw and I believe HP is having problems on their ePrint service.

They still haven't admitted it but many printers have recently had their ePrint disabled, or is unable to enable it at all.

HP Recommended

p1102w e-print extremely slow and wi fi not work

HP Recommended

Thanks best answer "ISMILAR " you do RULE !  all the best to you Sir......

for direct wifi print (I have 2, my room win8.1 DT) and wifes (same setup end to end)

i use wifi1, in my room

wife uses wifi2 (wpa2 ,24char pw) and we both can print, to each others P1102w's just in case. we are retired, so...

here is what works in vivid details.

this post works, im responding it , is to "remove printer from (devices & printers)"

install this one. see in graphic below.  see that?

mines 183 port. (yours will be diff, sure)

then click add it

and note that windows 8.1 (full updates) has no such 1102P driver... 

so i click that button , update,.  2mins. later,  HP lazerjet professional,  P1102w is found (of thousands, to scroll thru.

so i do that and guess what? , now mine works.   (we dont use cloud anything, we dont need it) well cept local clouds (private, wink wink)

This works for JPG too, and PDF. that were like 10 min.to print via local wifi.

maybe HP can change the driver ?, so it has a page one option button (cloud off)?  yah think?

IntrA-net printing101, wifi.

IM SOLVED !

p1102w.JPG

NO warranty answers by me.
HP Recommended

Finally! 

After VERY slow printing times for most docs but particularly PDFs with images (property brochures etc) I tried all the tips listed (PrinterShare isn't the way to go - it's a paid service) and finally got to isimilar and savvy2's posts about the different drivers IP etc. and so thought I'd give that idea a go on a Mac (OS 10.10.3)

When setting up initially, it automatically selected AIrPrint as the driver and I didnt think anything of it.... 

This time I had a look and there was one other option as shown below i.e. using the printer driver rather than AirPrint - selecting this has now solved all problems and the printer prints at a reasonable speed. 

From this I think it's safe to say - the problem lies somewhere in the e-Print / AirPrint implementation. I have turned on the e-Print service again so I can print via email in emergencies but don't expect I will be using it much! 

Screen Shot 2015-06-01 at 10.08.54.png

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.