Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
ENVY 7640

I just printed 28 pages and the report on my account shows 47 pages. Why is this count so far off?

Dan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Danket,

Thank you for reaching out to us on HP Support Forums! I see from your post that you are having issues related to HP Instant Ink account. Don't worry we're here to help you.

As you have mentioned in your post that you are having issues related to page count. Let me explain you how it works:

The page count is how many pages you print in a month. Page count is not affected by how much ink is used or the type of printout. Each paper printed on, regardless of paper type (document or photo paper), counts as one page. A double-sided page is considered two pages.

The number of printer pages listed on your HP Instant Ink Account summary does not match the actual number of pages you have printed for the billing cycle. HP Instant Ink page counts are not recorded in real time. As long as your printer is connected to the Internet and has Web Services turned on, printed pages are automatically recorded approximately once per day and display in your Print History on the date they were recorded. Any pages you print when the printer is not connected to the Internet are recorded on the date the printer is reconnected to the Internet. Sign in to your HP Instant Ink account to update your page count.

Let's try to print couple of pages and then try to check for the page count. 

I have found a wonderful document which should help you with this issue: HP Instant Ink - Page Count Is Not the Same as Actual Pages Printed

I need to know few details regarding your Instant ink account to help you get the ink cartridge.

Since the instant ink account details are confidential, please send me the required information via private message.

I am sending you a private message with the information required. Please check the mailbox icon at the top-right corner of this screen.

Please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile,

Next, to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.

I hope this helps resolve this issue completely,

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Sorry, it was 29. A 14 page document then a 15 pager

HP Recommended

@Danket,

Thank you for reaching out to us on HP Support Forums! I see from your post that you are having issues related to HP Instant Ink account. Don't worry we're here to help you.

As you have mentioned in your post that you are having issues related to page count. Let me explain you how it works:

The page count is how many pages you print in a month. Page count is not affected by how much ink is used or the type of printout. Each paper printed on, regardless of paper type (document or photo paper), counts as one page. A double-sided page is considered two pages.

The number of printer pages listed on your HP Instant Ink Account summary does not match the actual number of pages you have printed for the billing cycle. HP Instant Ink page counts are not recorded in real time. As long as your printer is connected to the Internet and has Web Services turned on, printed pages are automatically recorded approximately once per day and display in your Print History on the date they were recorded. Any pages you print when the printer is not connected to the Internet are recorded on the date the printer is reconnected to the Internet. Sign in to your HP Instant Ink account to update your page count.

Let's try to print couple of pages and then try to check for the page count. 

I have found a wonderful document which should help you with this issue: HP Instant Ink - Page Count Is Not the Same as Actual Pages Printed

I need to know few details regarding your Instant ink account to help you get the ink cartridge.

Since the instant ink account details are confidential, please send me the required information via private message.

I am sending you a private message with the information required. Please check the mailbox icon at the top-right corner of this screen.

Please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile,

Next, to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.

I hope this helps resolve this issue completely,

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have an HP Envy Photo 7855.  3 days ago according to the website, it shows we printed EIGHTEEN PAGES!  We didn't even PRINT 3 or 4 days ago.  HOW THE HELL DID IT CLOCK US AT 18 WHEN WE DIDN'T EVEN PRINT?????  You guys are somehow manipulating the count and need to correct this.  There are only two of us in this household and after having had to pay last month, we are keeping records on our printing because we do not want to pay anything extra to HP each month since we are on a budget. 

Secondly, it shows we printed THREE pages yesterday.  ONE of those three (the first) we were out of paper and nothing printed due to a computer error.  The printer made noises as we sent our job to the printer, but then stopped due to an error (out of paper).  We cleared the error and printed again.  This SECOND TIME, it came out entirely blank.  We tried a THIRD time and that time it worked (we tried a different printing option on our computer.  Now... WHY THE HELL IS HP CLOCKING US AT 3 PAGES PRINTED WHEN WE ONLY HAD ONE PAGE PRINTED IN REALITY!

Look, this HP instant ink thing may work on paper, but it has problems.  I wish to God you people would actually cared about customers and have a phone number to a REAL human instead of this India Virtual assistant **bleep**.

Paul Argyropoulos

HP Recommended

Hi @GreekGuy9999

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.