Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Officejet Pro 8600
Re: I need the password for the printer hp officejet pro 8600 to add a printer to iPad

I have printed Network Configuration Page with my passcode needed to print from my iPad6. I type it in, click Join, and get the error message "Incorrect password for HP-Print-3B-Officejet Pro 8600." I have tried it several times thinking I transposed the number. I get the same message. I did restore network defaults in order to get the printer on my new Wifi network. The print wireless network test was successful.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@cyngee47,

You are welcome.

I am happy to know that the issue has resolved.

I also appreciate your time and patience.

Feel free to ask your queries as this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help.

Please click on Accept Solution to help others with similar issues. If you appreciate my assistance, please click on the thumbs up icon. Both icons are below this post.

It was a pleasure assisting you. You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@cyngee47,

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that you are unable to connect your HP Officejet Pro 8600 e-All-in-One Printer to your iPad6.

Let's go through a few steps to troubleshoot this issue.

And here's the step by step guide for you in the link: Printing with the HP ePrint App (Android & Apple)

Let me know how this works.

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended

I was instructed to download the newer HP All-In-One Printer Remote after downloading the HP ePrint which is being discontinued. There is no activation button; it's ready to go. I followed directions and was able to print a recipe from Pinterest on the first try. Thanks for the help. I appreciate it.

HP Recommended

@cyngee47,

You are welcome.

I am happy to know that the issue has resolved.

I also appreciate your time and patience.

Feel free to ask your queries as this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help.

Please click on Accept Solution to help others with similar issues. If you appreciate my assistance, please click on the thumbs up icon. Both icons are below this post.

It was a pleasure assisting you. You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.