Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
hp deskjet 2622
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I am doing the initial setup on the printer and I cant seem to keep my pc connected to the wifi at the same time as my printer. I've read things already that have referenced the wifi direct. As im looking at the printer now the wifi direct is not on. the instructions say to hold the resume button and the wireless button together to turn it on. Ive tried this and the wifi direct icon does not come on. 

Not sure if it makes a difference but i have not inserted the ink cartridges yet.

Any help is appreciated

thanks

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Bonnie2785, Welcome to HP Support Community!

Follow the steps in this document to complete the initial setup on the printer:

Step 1: Prepare for installation

Check the installation requirements, turn on the computer and the router, and set up the printer.

1. To use your printer on a wireless network, you need the following items:

• A computer connected to your wireless network

• Internet access: HP recommends broadband Internet access for software downloads, using Web Services, and getting printer updates.

2. Make sure the router and computer are on.

3. Make sure the computer is connected to the same wireless network that the printer is connected to.

4. Set up the printer, load paper into the input tray, and install the ink cartridges. For more information, go to First Time Printer Setup.

5. Turn on the printer and place it within range of the router during the setup procedure.

Step 2: Install the printer software

Start the software installation, and then download and install the HP full feature print driver. It contains the wireless print drivers and HP Printer Assistant software for scanning and other printer management functions.

1. Disconnect any USB cables from the printer.

2. Go to 123.hp.com/dj2600, and then click Download to download and run HP Easy Start.

3. When prompted to select your printer, click My Printer Is Not Shown.

A Printer Not Found screen displays.

Clicking My Printer Is Not Shown

4. Click Continue, and then select Wireless network (if applicable).

Selecting Wireless network (if applicable)

5. Click Continue, and then follow the on-screen prompts to complete the setup.

VIDEO LINK FOR HELP

Also, refer to this document HP DeskJet 2600 Printers - Wireless Printer Setup (Windows) for additional help.

To print using WiFi Direct refer to this document HP Printers - Printing with Wi-Fi Direct

Keep me posted.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping! 

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.