when I send a print from my laptop to the printer it will print the sheet I sent and then it keeps sending out blank sheets
and then it jams, I clear the jam and it wants to keep sending out blank sheets. I stop it by clearing the jam and taking the paper out and closing the top.
I cleared the spool, that seemed to help for a few days but it started doing it again. I ran HP print doctor and that did
nothing to help.
Solved! Go to Solution.
Welcome to HP Support Forums. :)
Let me take a moment to thank you for posting on the HP Support Forums.
I understand that you have an HP Photosmart 6520 e-All-in-One Printer. I read that while printing, the printer prints the document and then starts sending out blank sheets of paper. This causes the paper to jam. You have later cleared the jam but the issue persists. I appreciate the steps you have performed and have certainly done a good job. You've done a remarkable job performing the steps.
To provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:
- Does this happen when the printer makes a photocopy? If no then it indicates that the printer's hardware is fine.
- Did any software changes or updates happen on the printer?
Meanwhile, I recommend you to perform the following steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a fix:
- Disconnect the power cable from the printer while the printer is still ON.
- Disconnect any other cables if connected the printer.
- Press and hold the printer’s power button for 15 seconds.
- The printer should be directly connected to the wall outlet and not to a surge protector.
- Reconnect the power cable to print and the printer should power ON by itself. If the printer doesn’t power ON then please manually power it ON.
Please perform a firmware update on the printer. After the firmware update is successful you may restart the printer.
If the issue persists then I suggest you to reset the printer. Resetting the printer will restore the printer to its original factory condition. I have sent you a private message with the reset steps.
I sincerely hope this fixes the issue. Let me know the outcome. All the best! :)