Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Hi Qmac,

What model router do you have?

Who is your internet service provider?

HP Recommended

Sorry, but that solution did not work.

HP Recommended

garytech1:

I am still having trouble.  I'm using a Linksys WRT160LN router with DD-WRT firmware.  I've got a Comcast Business Class internet connection with a static IP.

I can connect to the printer just fine.  It seems to be an issue when it tries to go outside the local network as the scan to e-mail is experiencing the same issue -- even if I put in the IP address of the SMTP server.  I worked around this for now by setting up an SMTP relay on my server.

HP Recommended

I am having the same problem.... been working on this issue for about two days now with no result.. i just got off the phone with an HP help representative and he could not figure it out already.. rebooted and recycled all configuration with out success... laways a "Connection error. Check Internet connection... "

I have brand new M475DW with Imac computer. Everything works except for scan to email and webservice...

Has anyone figure this out yet? A lever 3 tech is suppose to call me within 24 hours since the other guy cannot fix the issue even the mac expert rep.  PLEASE HELPPP... I am gettting so frutrated with this printer.. I ve had this now for about 2 days..... 

HP Recommended

I have the same problem. I have a LaserJet P1102w. It is connected wirelessly to my router, and I can print from my Macbook Air to the printer using AirPrint without problem. But I wanted to set up ePrint because my wife has a Chromebook. When I go to the printer's web information page, then to the tab called HP Web Services, it says: "Click "Enable" to accept Terms of Use and enable HP Web Services. Please refer to the information below."

I click on the ENABLE button but it comes up with error "Connection error.  Check Internet connection." 

My router is BT HomeHub 3. Please help!

HP Recommended

Guys 

I think I found the way to resolve this. Anyway it worked for me. Simply download the latest firmware for the printer. In my case the printer was on Version 20130203 and I updated it to Version 20130703. After that the button for enabling eprint was working! So it looks like a bug from an earlier version of the printer's firmware.

I'm on Mac OS 10.8 so I used this link to download the firmware update tool:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?os=4142&lc=en&cc=uk&dlc=en&sw_lang=&product=4110...

Hope it helps...

All the best!

HP Recommended

reason4 makes a great point. Firmware updates are critical with ePrint for the printer and the router. Also if setting the manual DNS doesn't work, the next thing I would try is to make a static IP in the printers EWS, and then use that IP in your router under DMZ mode. This will prevent your router from blocking communication from the printer (which is often the case).

After applying these changes power cycling in the proper order is important as well.

1. Power down the printer with the power button.

2. Pull the power on the router, give it a 10 count, plug it back in.

3. When the router is back online, power on the printer.

4. When the printers wireless is reconnected (usually indicated by a solid blue wifi light).

Lastly enabling web services can be done 2 ways on most printers. From the front panel of the printer or from the embedded web server (EWS). I usually try both methods, sometimes one works where the other fails.

Let me know if this helps anyone.

TwoPointOh
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

Hi, I have exactly the same problem, trying to setup my Laserjet Jet Professional P 1102w. I tried with the suggestion that I read here in this forum and not accomplish anything.

By doing this...

Photo1.jpg

I get this...

Photo2.jpg

HP Recommended

Hi Somnium. Unfortunately the images you posted are too small for me to see. Can you post larger ones? Also let me know what router you have.

TwoPointOh
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

I'm having the same issue with a HP M1212NF printer. When I try to enable web services it says that I don't have an internet connection. I changed the DNS to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4, still does not work.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.