Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Hi spinsheet. If your printer is communicating to your router (ie. you can print over the network), this document will help you fix it.

A Network Connected Printer Cannot Access Print Apps, Web Services, or ePrint:
http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02699023

TwoPointOh
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended
yes. Downloading the latest firmware solved this problem for me on my LaserJet P1102w. thanks.
HP Recommended

Not sure if this is still a problem for you all but I found the solution for my printer (Laserjet M1212NF). It was just a matter of updating the firmware.

Follow this thread:

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/ePrint-Print-Apps-Mobile-Printing-and-ePrintCenter/Firmware-Upgrade-p11...

Enjoy

HP Recommended

Here is a solution to make HP eprint work.  At least it worked for my new Laserjet Pro 400 401dne.  My printer is on my router Ethernet line.

The problem was that the default IP address for the device initially was 169.254.250.125.   (Look at your little window on the printer and see what IP is displayed. )  This when installed under my router just didn't work since my router expects all devices to start 192.168.1.xxx.  The transfer of data to/from HP just never could get through the router.  I simply went into the printer menu (on the printer) and changed the IP to 192.168.1.52. and all is well.  The router and printer are both happy.

I looked at my dozen devices already on the router and picked 52 as an unassigned number.  (Either use the router  web menu or the Windows command prompt to view current assignments (or just guess a nice two digit number).  Bring up Internet Explorer and type only the router address (192.168.1.1 for example) The router menu shows the connected devices.  Then press keys on the printer menu as follows:

1.  Press -> until you get to Network Setup then press OK

2.  That brings up IPv4 Config, press OK

3. Press <- to change DHCP to Manual, then press OK

4. Enter your new IP, OK  (e.g. 192.168.1.52)

5. Press OK until you get to Default Gateway

6. Enter 192.168.1.1 (or whatever yours is)   I couldn't pick 1 for my device number above since that is my router's device number here.

7. Press OK until you get out of the submenu.

8. Go back to HP Connected, select Devices and add your printer.  It should work now.

The printer changed Manual back to DHCP by its self.

I did not install any new driver, software or updates.  My printer was just 2 days old.

Apple Airprint and all local printing worked without doing this update

HP Recommended

I first posted on this problem topic about 9 months ago.  After months of phone discussions and e-mail exchanges with HP they are replacing my printer all in an attempt to get ePrint to connect. We tried everything that we could think of to get ePrint services to work on the printer.  None of the suggestions that HP provided or that I found on this and other forums would work.  I wonddr how many other users have had the same sort of problem without an easy solution.  Anyhow, when the new printer arrives and I set it up, I will try to remember to post to this forum to let you all know how it went.

HP Recommended

Regarding my post of yesterday.  I forgot to mention that after the first steps you do need to go back to HP Connected, select Devices, and make another attempt to add your printer.  It should work now.

HP Recommended

MacBook Pro running OS 10.9 Mavericks

HP 1102w printer

I had a problem enabling my web eprint since it kept saying I had an internet connection problem, when I did have internet access working on my computer.  I was also able to print via AirPrint from my iPhone without any problems.

Step 1.  Call HP Cloud services at 855.785.2777 and they can set you up to remotely take over your computer and assist in getting you online to print via email.   You will go to HP.com/123 and they will give you an activation code to remotely access your computer.

Step 2.  I was using the Safari browser to set up the printer and they said sometimes it could be an issue so we downloaded Google Chrome.

Step 3.  I thought I had the most up to date Firmware (20130213) since OS 10.9 didn't have any firmware updates.  However, they downloaded the Firmware update for 10.8.  FYI, you have to have the USB cable connected from your computer to the printer to download the new Firmware.

Step 4.  Once the new Firmware was installed, they were able to establish a connection right away and then we had to register on HPConnect.com to set up an email address associated with your printer.

Step 5.  The printer prints out the web activation code that adds the printer to your acccount.

Step 6.  Change the email address to something that is easy for you to remember since initially it is a series of numbers and letters, such as  ab785jof9@hpeprint.com

It worked.  Any problems, call the number (no fee other than your time waiting on the phone), but the representative that assisted me was very helpful.

HP Recommended

After struggling with this problem for many months, including numerous phone discussions and e-mail exchanges with HP tech support, they finally sent me a replacement printer.  It work as advertised right out of the box.  I do not know what the  underlying problem was, but the fact is that it could not be fixed with any of the solutions suggested in the discussions on this forum.  Apparently, there are HP printers out there with an internet connection defect that has nothing to do with any user-configurable solutions.  If you have one, then you are going to need to replace your printer.

I can't thank HP for this.  They tried my patience and tenacity for months before offering up the only real solution.  They ought to know their products better than this and should have replaced my printer many months ago.  That being said, the tech person with whom I had most of my dealings was a nice guy.  I expect that he is working under some edict about exhausting all possible tactics before agreeing to replace the unit.

Good luck!

HP Recommended

Dear dmhunter, greetings from Rio!

Fixed it without replacing my printer. Just installed the newest firmware , as instructed in this meticulous and valuable page: http://goo.gl/bH83PI

Best energies for you and your family.

- c.a.t.

HP Recommended

My HP Officejet 4630 could not connect to the internet

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.