Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Could not connect to the internet when I want to enable eprinting on my HP Laserjet M401n 

But now it solved.

Thanks a lot :generic:

HP Recommended

I have the same problem. My printer is HP Officejet 6500A Plus. At some point the Apps worked but then they stopped (I think it was after changing a wireless router) and never came back. I tried everything described here (DNS 8.8.8.8, 8.8.4.4, power cycles, no new firmware) - but they are producing connection error.

Please assist. I have been trying to fix that for months and I am starting to give up on HP altogether.

HP Recommended

Changing the DNS manually to 8.8.8.8 with 8.8.4.4 worked for me - in case anyone else thinks they won't try it because it didn't work for the original poster.

After changing that, the ePrint option on the printer gave me my email address and the red X on the network connections changed to a green tick.

A point to note, I had previously assigned a manual IP address to my printer via my router.

Thanks, much appreciated

HP Recommended

Hi.  I have a laserjet M1217nfw and I also get the Internet connection error in the web services screen.  I am trying to setup eprint  where i assign an email address to the printer so I can email directly to it.  I have set the static IP and can get to the printers home page.  I am using an Actiontec MI424WR Rev I wireless router with Verizon Fios.

Any suggestions?

Thank you.

HP Recommended

That worked. Thanks!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.