Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
hp envy 5544
Chrome OS

cant find way of scanning from hp envy 5544 to lg chrome computer.can scan documents etc no problem but cant scan to computer

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply, looks like there was a confusion. If I am not wrong, you are looking to scan a photo/document to your chromebase, is that right?

To scan a document or photo to your chrome OS computer, you need to open a browser on the computer. 

Enter the ip address of the printer to bring up the EWS page of the printer. 

From the EWS page you can scan a document or photo and save it on your Chrome OS computer. 

Hope this helped. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello koikoi,

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community!

I understand that you are having scanning Issue from your LG Chromebook.

Try and print from the different operating system.

Make sure if the printer is connected to the network / Make sure the USB is connected.

You can also try to copy and see if the printing or not.

Follow the below trouble shooting steps to resolve the issue.

Print documents or photos saved in Files, Google Docs, Drive, or Photos.

1. On the Chromebook, open the document or image you want to print.

2. Click the Print icon .

The Google Cloud Print window opens.

3. Under Destination, click the Change button.

The Select a destination window opens.

4. Under Google Cloud Print, select your printer.

5. Change any print settings if necessary, and then click Print.

For more troubleshooting click on Document.

Please let me know if this helps resolve the issue.Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for your answer,but was not the question !!!

i have hpenvy 5544 printer that i want to scan to my lg chromebase computer,it scans ok but how do i scan to computer?

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply, looks like there was a confusion. If I am not wrong, you are looking to scan a photo/document to your chromebase, is that right?

To scan a document or photo to your chrome OS computer, you need to open a browser on the computer. 

Enter the ip address of the printer to bring up the EWS page of the printer. 

From the EWS page you can scan a document or photo and save it on your Chrome OS computer. 

Hope this helped. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.