Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Hi L4leather,

I'm sorry to hear you are having issues with your scan to email.  

When you are getting an error displayed on the printer when using the scan to email app you will need to contact HP Cloud Services for a real time server status update.  If you live in the US/Canada region please call 1-855-785-2777.  If you live outside of the US/Canada region please click on the link below to get the Technical Support number for your region.

http://www.hp.com/cgi-bin/hpsupport/index.pl

--------------------------
Regards,
Happytohelp
Please click the Thumbs Up to show you like my post or to say thanks!

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

I am having the same frustrating issue - been working fine but now can't scan to email. All other wireless functions working fine. Please can you send me the instructions as the HP troubleshooting webpage is worse than useless. I have a photosmart all in one 5520. Thanks Gillian

HP Recommended
I wish that I could help you Gillian, but after four days of being unable to scan to email, got the phone number to ring, chose the scan option on the printer to get the error message, and hey presto it was working. Just threaten your printer with ringing for help, and it seems to do the trick. John L.
HP Recommended
Thanks for reply, see my comment to Gillian. John L.
HP Recommended

My request was for Kyle w. Kyle w -please can you send me the instructions for the semi reset please?

Much appreciated. Gillian

HP Recommended

I have exactly the same problem, am I able to obtain the details of how to perform a partial reset please?

Shaun

HP Recommended

Hi Shaun,

I'm sorry to hear that you are having a problem with your scan to email. I'm going to give you the same recommendation that I gave L4leather.

When you are getting an error displayed on the printer when using the scan to email app you will need to contact HP Cloud Services for a real time server status update.  If you live in the US/Canada region please call 1-855-785-2777.  If you live outside of the US/Canada region please click on the link below to get the Technical Support number for your region.

http://www.hp.com/cgi-bin/hpsupport/index.pl

--------------------------
Regards,
Happytohelp
Please click the Thumbs Up to show you like my post or to say thanks!

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended
Please can you send them to me as I keep getting this message, for no apparent reason, i.e: haven't changed anything and just doing a switch off at the wall, the printer and take the plug out etc hasn't worked. Thanks
HP Recommended

Hi there,

I understand you're getting an error 403 on your Photosmart 5520 when trying to use the scan to email feature. I will certainly do my best to assist you with this!

I will send you the reset in the end if we can't get this working, but at this point that reset isn't going to help the issue you're having.

The best thing to try is to power cycle your network. To do this, first turn off your printer and your computer, and then once they are off completely please go to your router and pull the power cord for 30 seconds. Once you plug the router back in, wait for all the lights to return to normal. Once the lights are back turn the PC then the printer back on. Once everything is settled, please try the scan to email again.

If that doesn't work, I would then advise that you call Cloud Services to make sure everything is working on their end as well. You can find all the information in happytohelp01's post just above yours.

Hope this helps, have a great day!!

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to thank me for responding! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post resolved your issue, as it will help others find the solution faster!

**MissTeriLynn**
I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended
Thanks to all the suggestions from everyone, but having tried different ideas, I basically threatened the printer, and for some reason it started working again, after about four days of frustration.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.