Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I am connect to the internet but when I go to scan a document I keep getting the message - Server Connection error 403. It ask me if I want to retry, which I do and still no scanning.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thanks but it is resolved.

View solution in original post

118 REPLIES 118
HP Recommended

You will need to perform a semi-full reset on your printer. However, I cannot post this steps for this in the forum, as it is against HP policy. If you would like the steps, let me know and I will send them to you in a private message. 

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
HP Recommended

Thanks but it is resolved.

HP Recommended

Awesome, I 'm glad you were able to get the issue resolved. 

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
HP Recommended

I too am haveing this same issue. Please help.

I am connect to the internet but when I go to scan a document I keep getting the message - Server Connection error 403. It ask me if I want to retry, which I do and still no scanning.

HP Recommended

Hi nbergemann,

I see that you're having problems with scan to email.  

Are you able to use any of the other apps on your printer?  

HP Recommended

I am having this same issue.  I like to scan documents to my e-mail.  I do have internet connection to my printer.  It worked last week and all of a sudden I get the server connection error 403.  Please help

HP Recommended

I would like these instructions.  Please send them to [Personal Information Removed]

HP Recommended

Hi 35moto. If you are getting an error displayed on your printer when using scan to email, you will have to contact HP Cloud Services for real time server status.

HP Cloud Services 1-855-785-2777
Mon - Fri 8:00 am - 11:00 pm Eastern
Saturdays 10:00 am - 6:30 pm Eastern

TwoPointOh
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended
Used my H P photosmart 5520 to scan to email recently, and worked fine. Now on the printer, I get server connection error : 403 (a problem connecting to the server. I don't have a computer, just an ipad. Have read numerous suggestions on how to rectify, but cannot get rid of the error message. Please help.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.