Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Photosmart C4780
Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks

I spent two hours going through the printer's simplistic menu, only to print copies of the HP Network Configuration Page and Wireless Network Test Reports to no avail. I think I did all the steps necessary... such as restore Network defaults.

"Your HP Printer cannot find your wireless router. Check that your wireless router is powered on. Check that your HP printer network name (SSID) matches yout wireless routher network name (SSID) exactly. If they don't match exactly, run the wireless network setup to configure your HP printer"

Well, I entered my router's IP address as the url of the browser and logged in my cable account, but was not able to change the SSID.

I also looked up help HP's Youtube page and on the discussion boards and attempted to use the suggestions offered.

One that seems to be similar to my situation is this:

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/LaserJet-Printing/Driver-for-HP-Photosmart-C4780-for-OS-X-Mavericks/td-...

I, too, cannot find the "HP Setup Network"

I also downloaded the HP Driver Printer Patch for my OS.

At this point, I am not sure what else I can do. The other suggestion on that page was to find a friend with a PC. I have my mother's laptop on hand, which runs Windows 10. I also downloaded its respective driver. I do not know what I should do next. Any help would be much appreciated.

I have a D-Link router, and I can supply any additional info, such as IP, Wi-Fi SSID, PIN, etc. if needed.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

You should press te WPS option on the printer first.

Please try the following and  let me know how it goes:

1. On the printer control panel, press the button next to Scan, and then press the button next to Wireless Menu.
  2. Press the button next to WPS, and then press the button next to Push Button.
  3. Within two minutes, press the WPS button on your wireless router.
  4. Wait up to two minutes while the printer automatically establishes a network connection with the wireless network.

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi,

What Dlink router do you have? may it support WPS?

Once restorng the wireless settings, power down the printer and turn it back on.

Navigate the Wireless menu and ensure the Wireless Radio is turned on.

Now click the WiFi icon, allow it 30-60 seconds and you should see the HPSetup network listed as a device.

Connect to it, allow it two minutes to connect and print a Wireless Report.

Locate the IP Address and navigate it thorugh your browser, within the Wireless tab look for a Wireless Configuration or a Wireless Setup Wizard.

Follow the steps by connecting the printer to yoru router, then reconnect your Mac to the home network and add the printer within Printers & Scanners as Bonjour.

Please let me know if that may help,

Shlomi

HP Recommended

Hi Shlomi, thanks for responding! I restored the wireless settings, powered down the printer, turned it back down, enabled the wireless radio. However, HPSetup did not show up on both my Macbook and PC laptop.

My D-Link router has a WPS button. I pushed the button, then went to WPS on the printer and Push, but there was a connecting error.

HP Recommended

Hi,

You should press te WPS option on the printer first.

Please try the following and  let me know how it goes:

1. On the printer control panel, press the button next to Scan, and then press the button next to Wireless Menu.
  2. Press the button next to WPS, and then press the button next to Push Button.
  3. Within two minutes, press the WPS button on your wireless router.
  4. Wait up to two minutes while the printer automatically establishes a network connection with the wireless network.

HP Recommended

After 3 attempts at connecting WPS, it worked! Thank you for your help and for being patient. 

HP Recommended

With real pleasure @ubetterwerk

Great to see you are now up and running. 🙂

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.