11-23-2017 10:19 AM
Printer works fine wireless printing with ipad and iphone but not laptop. There's a message saying not connected but everything else says it is. Tried scan and print doctor thing but that couldn't find whatever it was looking for. Even tried connecting the printer and laptop with the cable but that still didn't work.
Solved! Go to Solution.
11-24-2017 02:36 PM
Hello, @Donna1984 – Greetings!
Thanks for reaching out! I’m here to help 🙂
I see that you are facing issue with the HP Deskjet printer while printing from your Windows laptop. Let’s try to perform a clean install as suggested below:
- First, unplug the USB cable from the printer, if present.
- Go to Control panel – Programs and feature – Select all the HP Deskjet printer entries and uninstall them.
- Now go to Control panel – Devices and printer – Select all the printer entries and remove the device.
- Restart your computer.
- Click the bottom-left Start button on desktop, type device manager in the search box and tap Device Manager on the menu.
- Once in device manager, click on the view tab in the top & choose “Show hidden devices”.
- Then from the device manager list, check the entries under “Printer” – If there are any entries, please right click and choose “uninstall” – In the confirm device un-install pop-up, make sure you select the box which says “Delete the driver software for this device".
- Also, check the entries under "printer queue" and "imaging devices" and repeat the same exercise. Delete any printer entry or any entry which says “Unknown device”.
- Once done, close device-manger. Then press the "windows key" + "r" to get the "Run" window open - Type "printui.exe /s" (there is a space between .exe & /) and press enter.
- Under print server properties, go to drivers - remove any entry there as well.
- Again, go to run window, type – “c:/programdata” – Go to Hewlett Packard folder, remove any printer related folders & files.
- Open run again, type “%temp%” and press enter to get the temporary files. Delete all the files here. Skip the items which cannot be deleted.
- Now restart your computer again.
- Open the Run window again, type “services.msc” and press ok to get services window.
- Scroll down to “Remote Procedure Call (RPC)” – right-click and go to properties. Make sure the service is started and startup type is “Automatic”.
- Now scroll up and go to “Function Discovery Provider Host” – right-click and select properties – Change the startup type to “manual” and start the service.
- Repeat the same exercise on “Function Discovery Resource Publication” as well.
- Now, go to http://hp.care/2oNKFYm to download and install the software.
- Connect the USB cable if prompted and follow the onscreen instructions to complete the installation.
Let me know if that helps!
Good luck 🙂
Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!
I am not an HP Employee
11-27-2017 06:13 AM
Thanks for the update & Great stuff! Glad to know that you were able to fix the issue 🙂
Please consider marking my post as "Accepted Solutions" to help other users with the same issue to find a solution more efficiently. Click on "Thumbs up" to give me "Kudos".
Visit us again if you have any concerns!
Thank you again and may you have a wonderful day and even better tomorrow 🙂
I am not an HP Employee