Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended
OfficeJet 5200 Series
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a couple questions before I get started.

1) When I receive my Instant Ink cartridges, can I wait until the cartridges that came with the printer are used up before I install them and start getting billed? I also want to get billed around the 5th or 6th of the month, so I assume that's when I want to install the first one.

2) If I go over my allotted pages for the month, do I get billed immediately a dollar at at time for extra pages? Or do I get billed for all the extra on the next billing cycle. If I were to get billed for extra pages towards the end of a month, there might not be money there for it.

Thanks,

David Chamberlain

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@davidc1857, Welcome to HP Support Community!

Going through your post, I see you'd want to know about Instant Ink Program before enrolling. Find below the answers-

1) If your printer is Instant Ink ready, your subscription will begin the same day as enrollment and the billing date will be you date of enrollment. If your printer is not Instant Ink ready, your subscription will begin after you install the HP Instant Ink cartridges sent by HP and billing cycle will begin on the day of cartridge installation.

2) If you go beyond the allotted pages as per your plan, the extra charges will be included in the billing cycle and will not be charged immediately.

For more details, refer to the document FAQs - HP Instant Ink.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@davidc1857, Welcome to HP Support Community!

Going through your post, I see you'd want to know about Instant Ink Program before enrolling. Find below the answers-

1) If your printer is Instant Ink ready, your subscription will begin the same day as enrollment and the billing date will be you date of enrollment. If your printer is not Instant Ink ready, your subscription will begin after you install the HP Instant Ink cartridges sent by HP and billing cycle will begin on the day of cartridge installation.

2) If you go beyond the allotted pages as per your plan, the extra charges will be included in the billing cycle and will not be charged immediately.

For more details, refer to the document FAQs - HP Instant Ink.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I think my questions were answered. The biggest one is that if I go over my monthly page count, I won't get billed right then, it'll come on the next billing cycle.

I'm a bit confused about the other part. My printer is an OfficeJet 5255. It had instant ink literature in the box, an instant ink sticker on the printer and it let me sign up for instant ink during setup, so I assume it's instant ink ready. However on my instant ink dashboard it says the page count and plan start when I first install an instant ink cartridge. So I'm assuming that's what is going to happen.

Thank you for the information.

HP Recommended

@davidc1857

Thanks for replying!

If the account page says it'll start after installing the ink sent by HP then go by the words. That's how it would be!

Happy to have helped.

Cheers 🙂

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.