Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended
OfficeJet Pro 9220
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My 7830 Envy "Photo" printer has developed a fault, it won't feed anything but plain paper, some "Photo" printer that is! HP Support have been no help. I have bought an HP OfficeJet Pro 9022 as a replacement, and replaced the old printer with that on my instant ink account. How do I add the two months instant ink free trial that is supposed to come with the new printer to my account? I appreciate that I already have an instant ink account, but the ads for the new printer make no mention of the two free months being available to new customers only, and having forked out for a new printer because the old one has packed up, I'm rather annoyed that I can't even seem to get the two free months printing that are supposed to be included.

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Now I find that that cartridges in the new printer, which I bought after nearly a month of trying to get some support from HP for the fault on the old printer, are "setup" cartridges only, with enough ink for just a few pages, and that it is going to take 10 business days to get some proper cartridges sent on my instant ink subscription, so that I will be unable to print the cards I wanted in time for Christmas.

HP Recommended

@TW22, Welcome to HP Support Community!

To assist you better, We would need some information related to your Instant Ink Subscription. This information cannot be shared on a public post.

I have sent you a private message, reply to the message with your details.

In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link.

Keep me posted.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

TEJ1602 sent me a private message saying they had added the two free months of instant ink that is supposed to come with the printer to my account, but they only credited my account with one month.

I could not print what I needed in time for Christmas, despite having an instant ink subscription, because the new printer comes only with "setup" cartridges, sufficient for only a few pages.

HP seem to think they are above the law, namely the Consumer Rights Act 2015, regarding the old printer not being fit for purpose for a reasonable period of time.

Now TEJ1602, tells me:

"Thank you for waiting! 

I recommend contacting our HP Instant Ink phone support for further assistance."

No, I don't want to call your phone support again, they were useless before, and I am unwilling to go round in circles again. [content removed]

HP Recommended

@TW22

I recommend you contact HP as suggested previously, so they can help get this sorted, as we've reached the end of the line.

Thanks for understanding!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

"Contact HP", are you not an HP employee? I phoned previously, and they told me to contact you, I should not have to go through the whole charade again. You told me that you had added the two months instant ink trial that was supposed to come with my new printer to my existing account, but that was a lie, you only added one month, and now you say we've reached the end of the line. The end of the line will be when I report HP to the Trading Standards office.

HP Recommended

@TW22

I have escalated your issue to HP’s Support Team in your region. They will review and check for possible options available, if any, to resolve your issue.  You should be contacted within 2-4 business days (this does not include weekends or holidays).  Response times may vary by region.

Thanks!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

You added one of the two free months advertised as coming with my the new printer to my instant ink subscription, but told me you had added two. Why don't you rectify your mistake (I am assuming it was a mistake rather than a deliberate scam), and add the other month, rather than passing the buck to someone else?

I am still out of pocket for having to replace the faulty printer, HP regarding themselves as exempt from UK consumer law, and for my "never run out of ink again" instant ink subscription being interrupted while I waited for proper cartridges to arrive for the replacement printer, but for now, all I want is the two months instant ink trial, that was supposed to come with the new printer, and I shouldn't have had to request, let alone repeatedly, to be added to my account.

HP Recommended

@TW22

The issue is now sorted. Kindly check your account and let me know 🙂

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.