cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
pghammond
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Solved!

Am I able to return to the free plan after the 2 month trial?

HP Recommended
Envy 5010
macOS 10.15 Catalina

Hi Community,

I have signed up for the free plan (15 per month), but I am interested in the free two month trial. If I was to sign up to this trial, then cancel before the end of the trial can I drop back down to the free plan. The language isn't very clear about what happens after the trial finishes, yet I have read if you come off the free plan, you can't then get back on it if you choose to.

Thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3
Dragon-Fur
Level 16
Level 16
30,730 30,432 2,780 10,197
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@pghammond 

Unfortunately, it doesn't work that way.

Free Plan is available the first time 'round.

You cannot leave the Free Plan and then come back later.

"No Downgrades", no "back up and to over" options, no "Trial" and backtrack to Free Plan

References

Instant Ink - Terms of Service - UK

HP Instant Ink - Main Website - Information, Enroll, FAQ, Terms of Service / Contract

Not your home site?  Click the Flag to change to your region.

Of Interest…

• FAQ section > How does HP Instant Ink work?
  • Contract > Link is located below the FAQ section > Terms of Service Contract

NOTE:   It is NOT necessary that you be enrolled to read the contract > Open the main website > scroll down just past the FAQ

Website Support Troubleshooting, How-to, Video Tutorials

Printer  Home Page - References and Resources – Learn about your Printer  - Solve Problems

“Things that are your printer”

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories:  Alerts, Access to the Print and Scan Doctor (Windows), Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software / Firmware Updates, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, Lots of How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, User Guides / Manuals, Product Information (Specifications), more

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

HP ENVY 5010 All-in-One Printer

Thank you for participating in our HP Community.

We are a world community of volunteers dedicated to supporting HP technology

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You.

Answered? Click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

pghammond
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Spoiler
Thanks for the answer, it's as I expected, just needed clarification. Thanks again
0 Kudos
Dragon-Fur
Level 16
Level 16
30,730 30,432 2,780 10,197
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@pghammond 

You are welcome.

Stay Safe.

Thank you for participating in our HP Community .

We are a world community of volunteers dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Dragon-Fur

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation