Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended

I just want to say, HP, if you ever read these community posts you should be ashamed of the wilfully poor junk you dupe people into buying. I chose a HP Deskjet 3750 and was talked into the InstantInk scheme and neither of those things has ever worked properly. The hours I've sat trying to re-establish co-operation with my printer... the endless sheets of technical and help sheets it happily spews out every time yet wont ever just print what I'm asking it to print without me sitting here for hours first, visiting different URLs and following different instructions, printing out 20 sheets of information that help me not even slightly, until I get to the Web Services thing that gives me only one option to proceed... "Print out the code and input it to get online" and the button it tells me to press DOES NOT EVEN EXIST ON MY PRINTER, AND THERE IS NO CODE I CAN PRINT OUT... so then I search - I SEARCH, ON MY TIME - for HP Deskjet help and advice and find, and watch, an obscure help video that acknowledges I don't have that button and shows me what to do instead, by pressing two other buttons simultaneously, and what do I get? 10 more pages... AND NO CODE TO LOG BACK IN TO WEB SERVICES. AND WHY SHOULD I HAVE TO LOG BACK IN EVERY TIME I WANT TO PRINT A SINGLE PAGE? WHY ISN'T IT JUST READY TO PRINT? WHY IS IT THAT IN THE 8 MONTHS I'VE OWNED THIS THING I HAVE HAD TO WORK REALLY HARD AND FOR HOURS TO RE-ESTABLISH COMPLIANCE WITH THIS PIECE OF CRAP JUST TO PRINT A SINGLE PAGE OUT? I'm disgusted at the poorness of this whole experience. The sheer amount of things I have to visit, log into, go through, access, launch, refer to, print out, each and every time I want to print a simple single page of anything. Disgustingly bad user experience. Never again HP. Never again. I will advise anyone who ever mentions printers to avoid your junk like the plague. You should be ashamed of yourselves. If you care even slightly you will send UX research teams to sit with people like me and see the problem from the user's perspective - your customers - not from your own blinkered technical perspective... because I'm sure you know how all this crap works, but if you can't make it work for your customers, you are not a good brand doing good for your customers. You suck. 

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi @Disgusted2020UK

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I understand your concern and I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP.

They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact.

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here:

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/First-Time-Here-Learn-How-to-Post-and-More/How-To-Send-A-Private-Messa...

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Don't bother with the customer support. If it was worth anything at all it wouldn't be so infuriatingly impossible to print anything without hours of trying to revive various connections in the first place. I've read on Google how appalling the customer support is, and I've also read how brutal HP are with disgruntled customers. I've read about how you charge people outlandish sums after they've cancelled their ink on demand contract, and how people have suffered months of ongoing payments that they can't stop because they simply didn't return their cartridges after cancelling. I've read that despite the promise of no quibbles, if a customer decides to cancel their ink on demand the printers can be made to stop printing if a customer cancels, even if they go and buy their own cartridges. These are all things I've read, and I'm not about to waste any time finding out for myself if they are true. A brand new printer, which has only ever managed to print out about 5 test pictures and about 70 repeated pages of useless technical support documentation will now be going off to somewhere to be recycled for parts. You can send somebody to collect it if you like.

When I cancelled my ink on demand contract last week it clearly stated I would be free to use the printer and the existing cartridges until my contract is finally cancelled in May. But I'm not, am I?!?!?. Because now I've cancelled it and made sure it is not connecting to anything via wi-fi or the internet, it wont even print when I connect it via a HP USB cable to my laptop.

It's just junk. It's wasteful, it's predatory, it's mean. I wont give HP any more of my time. A barely used printer is already dead and I'll buy another brand from here onwards.

If HP have a look at the log for my printer you will see how often it has been disconnected from the service and therefore the service has been interrupted, you will see how many times we've attempted to print on it. You will see how often I've been through all the processes to try and resolve it including countless times of getting to the point where I need a code (over and over again), which requires me to press a button I simply do not have on this model, and how everything just comes to an end at that point and no code can ever be printed no matter how many times I try and how many of your suggestions I follow.

If you can't offer a seamless service for things like wifi printing and ink on demand because of (for example) external factors to do with different operating systems, different wi-fi protocols, or different elements beyond your control (assuming this might be your argument for things not working) then you simply are not ready to offer these services and you should not be attempting to offer them until you have developed a totally failsafe and UX simplified experience for the customer to have a totally fuss-free untroubled operating experience. Amazon for example offer a very diverse range of complicated services, and they all work, regardless of any other hardware involved in the communication line. Amazon stuff, whatever it is, works. And what's more should it not work for any reason, they get on it immediately and rectify it, or refund immediately.

What do HP do? Make promises to sell printers, then throw the customer down a hole with no adequate means of support. When has HP ever tried to rectify my problem for me with this printer? Never. Even your automated communication is appalling. Why don't HP have a process in place for making errors instantly and easily solvable for customers? 

Don't waste your precious time posting me the usual standard assurance that your customer support people will be looking into it because they wont and we both know it. These forums are full of people making valid complaints, with generic customer support responses from HP, and nothing appears to ever get resolved. 

So for that reason.... I'm Out.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.