Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended
HP 6960
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Printer is NOT printing decent quality pages. Almost a month ago I received an email stating that I likely received some bad ink cartridges from instant ink and replacement cartridges were being sent. I never received them. 

At first my printer said something was wrong with my ink... now it says the ink is fine and I'm not due for new ink. I need ink yesterday.  Very frustrating. 

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

@Michwitty, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Do you get any errors related to the ink cartridges?

How is the print quality affected?

Check the ink levels, clean the printhead up to 2 times, and then print a print quality report to check the result as shown in this document - Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues

For more info on ink cartridge error, refer to - 'Incompatible' or 'Defective Cartridge' message

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I just posted a question because I’m having a similar problem after being told by HP that the Instant Ink cartridges are bad due to manufacturing errors. After hours of failed ‘fix’ suggestions I was told by an HP tech that I needed to buy a new printer. PLEASE respond regarding this bad cartridge problem. It appears that it has damaged my printer.

HP Recommended

@Grgtt, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

To assist you better, what model printer are you using?

Do you get any errors on the printer?

Keep me posted.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have an Officejet Pro 8610. I described the problem caused by the bad Instant Ink cartridges here. https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/HP-Instant-Ink/Printer-Failure/m-p/7878939/highlight/true#M14157

Any help in resolving the problems caused by these bad ink cartridges would be greatly appreciated.

HP Recommended

@Grgtt

I have checked the post and yes, as the previous support agent mentioned, this could be a hardware failure. If the printer is out of warranty, I suggest you upgrade the printer. You may visit Hp Store to check the available printers.

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Kumar ... I got an email from the community web site regarding a post of mine regarding Deskjet 902 color ink availability.  Unfortunately, I can not see the message that you sent me in the forum or post anywhere, and the directions that you sent are as useless as the support web site.  Any links provided direct me to "contact technical support in your region" with an attached video of how to create a support case.  The video references "Business Solutions".  When I do that, it says that my email is not registered and wants me to register it.  When I do that, the web site tells me that a duplicate email exists.  

No matter how I try, the HP support web site just sends your customers in endless circles that don't seem to lead to any useful information.  

I would dearly love to find out how to purchase this ink, when it will be available (after 6 months and counting), and how to actually contact someone who can help via email, chat, or phone.  This is absolutely worthless and making me very much want to abandon HP for any of my computing products.  

HP Recommended

Good Grief!  I went to the support site mentioned above and got all of the way down to where it says that you will replace the printer cartridge and that I need to provide my address.  When I click, "Continue to enter address", it takes me back to the start of the help screen where I have to start all over again with my printer serial #.  

Are you guys trying to make your customers' lives miserable?  This is absolutely ridiculous.  I have spent over 2 hours trying to fix a problem that YOU created for me!  

Get me my damned ink cartridge ASAP!!!!!!!!!

HP Recommended

@DavidMcarr

I understand your concern and I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP.

They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact.

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here:

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/First-Time-Here-Learn-How-to-Post-and-More/How-To-Send-A-Private-Messa...

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Good products are worth buying many times

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.