Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended
deskjet 3750
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi there,

My question is.: I got a brand new printer here with two Instant Ink cartridges (unopened yet) and I wonder do I have to register or sign up for the Instant Ink service in order to use the cartridge? In other terms can I use the ink the printer came with without signing up? I don't like the scheme and rather buy my own ink when I need it - but if I have two working cartridge (Instant Ink labelled) I could use right now until it runs out I don't want to bin it unnecessarily. I already have some standard 304 cartridges coming in the post... 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thank you for contacting HP.

No it is not mandatory  to use the Instant Ink Service if you do not want to.

You may use the printer without the feature.

The Cartridges that came along with the unit are Instant Ink Ready cartridges which means that they will work in both the condition (when Instant ink is not enrolled and also when it is enrolled).

So please set up the printer and start using it, 

You may go to the link below and then the "Set Up the Printer" section to check the set up screens.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/product/hp-deskjet-3700-all-in-one-printer-series/8954253

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

*Say thanks by clicking the "Kudos! Star" which is on the left*
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue.

I´m an HP employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.