Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended
Tango

Ran the stage 1, 2 and 3 clean and the black cart still misses prints. I've wasted a few glossy sheets now because the black cart isn't working. How can I request a replacement under the Instant Ink plan?

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@InklessJoe Welcome to HP Community!

Here are a few things you may want to know about your HP Instant Ink account page before we get into the details of resolving your concern: Click here for FAQs.

• Your HP Instant Ink account page contains the data on past deliveries and estimated shipments.  
  • It also helps you understand what state your cartridges are in based on HP's data,  
  • Any issues will be shown with its solution using a step by step approach, to make it easier for you!

Please check your account page to see the latest cartridge information by signing into your account at "instantink.com".    

If the suggested information can't be found, You may respond to the private message I've sent out and I'll help you out, accordingly

Check next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it as I've sent out a list of questions and I could provide a better solution once I have the answers: 

Click here for more details on how to access the private messages on HP Forums

We eagerly await your response,

Help us, help you.

And Take care.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@InklessJoe I went through the details of your account and everything seems to be in place, I suggest you perform the below steps to resolve this issue:

If you see track marks or smears on the printouts, clean the area around the ink nozzles. Do not perform these steps unless the Print Quality Diagnostic report or printout specifically displays smeared text or track marks. If you do not see track marks or smears, skip to Replace the problem ink cartridge.

Example of smeared text

Example of text with track marks

1. Gather the following materials:

• A clean, lint-free cloth or a clean, dry cotton swab

• Distilled or bottled water

CAUTION: 

Do not use tap water because it might contain contaminants that can damage the printhead.

2. Gently press down on the Ink Door button to release the Ink Door, and then lift the Ink Door into the open position.

Opening the Ink Door

3. Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.

4. Lift up the printhead latch to release it, and then move the ink cartridge back and up to remove it.

Lifting the printhead latch

5. Hold the ink cartridge by its sides.

Holding the ink cartridge by its sides.

6. Lightly dampen a clean, lint-free cloth or swab with bottled or distilled water.

7. Clean the face and edges around the ink nozzle with the cloth or swab.

CAUTION: 

Do not clean the ink nozzle plate.

8. Wait for the cleaned area to dry before you continue (approximately 10 minutes).

9. With the nozzles toward the printer, insert the ink cartridge into its slot, and then squeeze to lock the printhead latch into place.

NOTE: 

Make sure you re-insert the color ink cartridge into the left slot and the black ink cartridge into the right slot.

Inserting cartridges

10. Repeat these steps to clean around the nozzles on the other ink cartridge.

11. Lower the Ink Door, and then press gently to close it.

Try to print. If the print quality is unacceptable, continue to the next step.

FOR DETAILS & FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS, USE THIS LINK: CLICK HERE & skip to Step 6: Print a Print Quality Diagnostic report

(By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)

Let me know if the issue persists, 

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Sorry after all that it’s still bad:

https://imgur.com/a/pF5Y6pK

Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users.
HP Recommended

I just received a new 950 black cartridge for my Inkjet 89610 All In One Printer. No previous problems. I am an Instant Ink member at highest use level. I've GOT To be able to print by tomorrow night or I'm dead. This cartridge has malfunctioned since I first inserted it ! Only error messages are occasional "low ink" icon on the printer control screen. HP Instant ink account summary says all supplies are fine ! I have tried all cleaning, unplugging, updating firmware, as recommended on website TO NO AVAIL. The printed pages show stripes of normal print between large stripes of white (no ink). Have inspected the cartridge carefully, it looks normal externally. Is there any way you can send me a new black cartridge to replace this before I fail 2 courses ? Thanks much. edited** will pay for expedited shipping. If that doesn't do it, it's off to buy a new printer. Thanks. 

HP Recommended

@InklessJoe I appreciate you going through the details and completed the steps,

I've sent out a private message with the order number and estimated delivery date for your replacement cartridges.

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@Marycricket74, Welcome to HP Support Community!

I have placed the order and expedited the shipment for replacement ink. It should reach you within 2 to 3 business days. 

Let me know if you have any other questions. 

Have a great day ahead! 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.