08-05-2019 01:26 PM - last edited on 08-05-2019 01:35 PM by Jacky-D
I have cleaned the cartridge as suggested but the ink level indicator shows that it is full but the printer says it is empty.
This is a brand new cartridge.
Printer model HP Envy 5032
Operating system is Windows 7
The printer connected wireless
Solved! Go to Solution.
08-07-2019 04:03 PM
Please remove the cartridges and clean the electrical contacts with a lint-free cloth and perform a printer reset
- Turn on the printer.
- Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.
- Disconnect the USB cable from the rear of the printer. If your printer has a network or wireless connection, leave it connected.
- Remove the ink cartridges from the printer.
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and from the wall outlet or power strip.
- Wait at least 60 seconds.
- Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
NOTE: HP recommends connecting the printer power cord directly to a wall outlet.
- Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
- Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
- The printer might go through a warm-up period. The printer lights might flash, and the carriage might move.
- Wait until the warm-up period finishes and your printer is idle and silent before you proceed.
- Reinsert the ink cartridges, and then close the ink cartridge access door.
- If you receive a prompt to print a calibration page, do so.
Also update the printer firmware. You can refer to this Link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c02919168
Keep me posted 😊
If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.
I Am An HP Employee
08-12-2019 06:25 AM
Thank you for the response. If you have performed the troubleshooting steps mentioned in this document and the issue persists, please contact our HP Support team for Service Options as it could be a possible hardware issue:
1) Click on this link - https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp?openCLC=true
2) Select your product type below.
3) Enter the serial of your device.
4) Select the country from the drop-down.
5) Select the appropriate option based on your preference.
6) Fill the web-form and proceed further.
Keep me posted for any other assistance.
If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee