Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended
Samsung Galaxy S10_Android 10
Android 9.0 Pie

Hi everybody, I have a problem that it's freaking me out.

I have a HP Deskjet 3750 from one year more or less, and it is quite a long time that it prints terribly: if I want to print black-and-white pages, everything is printed in green, and still writings are not well readable (kind of faded). I did every cartridges clean, alignment and every solution that I found, but nothing worked. I printed the quality report and I the black works fine, although some lines are completely missing and also the colors are not acceptable quality. Ink levels , both black and colors, are ok.

I have found a similar post, but it didn't help me at all because the solution was on a MAC OS.

I am always using the smartphone to control the printer, it is not connected to any PC.

I attach some pictures to make you understand. thanks!

2020-05-10 11.17.43.jpg2020-05-10 11.17.52.jpg

Does someone of you may help me?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Marco

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi,

Your print diagnostic page shows no magenta and only half of black working. You will need to replace a black ink cartridge with a new one if you want to print in black and white, and you need to replace a tricolour ink cartridge if you want to print on colour too.

There is nothing wrong with your printer or your computer/smart device its print cartridge issue, replace them and your print will be fine again.

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

Hi Valsimot and thank you for your reply.

Unfortunately, as I said before, ink levels are fine (I attach some pics both of the HP app and the printer display), so why does it prints like this? Besides, if I set to print in black and white, why should it print in green?

2020-05-10 11.52.22.jpg2020-05-10 11.58.46.jpg

Sorry for my questions but I really don't understand.

Thanks

Marco

HP Recommended

The black ink is printed by mixing black ink and colour inks. Your black ink is not printing good and the green is result of mixing colours and your poor black.

Your ink level is low and it is only an estimate, in the user manual is explained that cartridge needs to be replaced when print quality is no longer acceptable, like yours.

Replace cartridges black first and you will print black and white good again.

My profile on LinkedIn

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.