12-12-2019 10:38 AM
I recently installed a new black instant ink cartridge in my printer. Everytime I try to print, the text just comes out blurry. I can't make out the words. The colour ink cartridge is working perfectly. I have tried all the troubleshooting steps over the last few days. I tried to talk to an online agent, however they seem to be unavailable even during their specified open hours. There is no phone number available for me to call either. I have a very busy working week that I need the printer for.
Solved! Go to Solution.
12-12-2019 06:31 PM
@Sockybaby1 Welcome to HP Community!
I recommend you try the copier as a stand-alone device without a computer and check if that works in color,:
- If it doesn't work, this could be a hardware issue,
- however, if the copier works and yet, the print out from the computer doesn't work in color, you can try the below steps:
- Press "Windows key" + "r" to get the "Run" window.
- Type "services.msc" to get Services - Go to "Print spooler" - Right-click and "Stop" the service.
- Now again open "Run" - Type "spool" and ok - Go to PRINTERS folder - delete everything in that folder.
- Go to services again - Start the print spooler.
- Now check for issue resolution.
- If the issue persists, also try clean installing the printer drivers. Here are the steps:
- First, unplug the USB cable from the printer if present.
- Go to Control panel - Programs and feature - Select all the HP printer entries and uninstall them.
- Now go to Control panel - Devices and printer - Select all the printer entries and remove the device.
- Press the "windows key" + "r" to get the "Run" window open - Type "printui.exe /s" (There is a space between .exe & /) and press enter.
- Under print server properties, go to drivers - remove any entry there as well.
- Again, go to the Run window, type - "c:/programdata" - Go to the Hewlett Packard folder, remove any printer related folders & files.
- Restart your computer.
Then, use this link to access the HP website, find the drivers compatible with your windows and install it: CLICK HERE
FOR DETAILS & FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS, USE THIS LINK: CLICK HERE
(By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)
Keep us posted,
If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you,
Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post,
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee
12-15-2019 09:20 AM
thanks for your reply.
I have tried all of the above steps and the black ink is still coming out very blurry. Is it possible that the cartridge is damaged?
The ink levels are full as it is a new cartridge I received from Instant Ink. If so, how do I order a new cartridge?
12-17-2019 01:36 PM
@Sockybaby1 If you've gone through the link I had suggested and cleaned the cartridges, yet the issue persists, you are right, this could be cartridge issue and I suggest you respond to the private message I've sent out and I'll help you out, accordingly
Check next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it as I've sent out a list of questions and I could provide a better solution once I have the answers:
We eagerly await your response,
Help us, help you.
And Take care.
I am an HP Employee