Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended
HP Deskjet 3700 all-in-one Series

Hi, My black ink cartridge is not working at all. I do not get any error messages, the doc will print, but black does not show. I have clean the bottom and front of the cartridge carefully in case there was a blockage or tac on there, this made no difference. I can't get the virtual assistant to help me correctly. What can I try next please? I just want to try a new cartridge, but I am on the printing plan. Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Saz888 Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that black in the cartridge is not working.

Please let us know if you are using HP genuine ink cartridges.

Please refer to the following link to troubleshoot the cartridge issue.

If the issue still persists, you have to replace the black ink cartridge.

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

@Praveen196 Thanks for the welcome and your response!

Yes, I am using genuine HP cartridges, I am on the HP Instant Ink programme, so only use the cartridges they supply. This black cartridge has never worked since I replaced my old one, I have tried various things to try to correct this, nothing works so I can only assume it is faulty. I would like HP to send me a replacement, but can't find how/where to submit this request! The chat bot did not understand and conveniently didn't recognise my product details.

I don't feel that I should buy a new one, but can't wait much longer for a replacement to be automatically sent. Any help/guidance on how to ask HP to send me a replacement would be great!

Thanks!

HP Recommended

@Saz888

As the issue is related to Instant ink cartridges, I need more information to help you out.

Since the instant ink account details are confidential, please send me the required information via private message.

I am sending you a private message with the information required.

Keep me posted.

If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks @Kumar0307

Unfortunately, I have not received a private message from yourself or any of your HP colleagues. I've checked several times using the link provided and logging in and out of my messages. Please can you send the information on the details you required, so that I can get this ongoing and frustrating issue resolved. 

Many thanks

HP Recommended

@Saz888

Apologies for the same and thank you for your patience. I have sent you a private message now. Kindly check and revert.

Keep me posted.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.