Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended
HP 2640 desk jet all in one printer
Android 9.0 Pie

On my HP deskjet all-in-one printer the information light is blinking what does that mean and how do you turn it off

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@Randyk1973 

Hello,

This issue is often related to a failure of the output tray to close or a scanning error has occurred.

In order to palliate this incident, please follow the instructions of the HP link E4 Error (Paper Jam).

In case of need, do not hesitate to contact us.

Best regards,:Wink:

I'm not an HP employee. Did this message answer your question? Include it below as an Accept As Solution! Did you find this message useful?  Click on the thumbs up set to give a Compliment! Follow us on Facebook Assistance customers HP.

HP Recommended

The information light is blinking and I have no error codes nothing is blocked I was told it had something to do with fm wireless transmitter needs to be reset I am not sure

HP Recommended

@Randyk1973 

Hello and thanks for your return,

If you have a Windows-based computer, please follow these steps in the order indicated.

Then try to install it over Wi-Fi by doing the following:

Press a series of buttons on the printer to reset the wireless settings to ensure a successful connection.

1. Go to Devices and Printer to delete your printer icon.
  2. Make sure the printer is on.
  3. If the wireless indicator light is flashing, go to the next step to continue the software installation.
  4. Press and hold down the Power button ().
  5. While holding down the power button, press the Start Black Copy button () two times, and then press the Cancel button () three times.
  6. Release the power button. The Wireless light next to the Wireless button should be flashing. Repeat these steps if the Wireless indicator does not blink.
  7. Proceed immediately to the next step to continue the software installation. You have approximately 20 minutes to complete the software setup using the HP Auto Wireless Connect feature.
  8. Launch the printer software installed on the desktop and click Connect a new printer.
  9. Follow these steps to set up your wireless connection when the HP Automatic Wireless Connection screen appears:
    • Select Yes, send my wireless settings to the printer, and then click Next.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the software installation and wireless network setup for the printer.

I remain at your disposal in case of need.

Best regards,:Wink:

I'm not an HP employee. Did this message answer your question? Include it below as an Accept As Solution! Did you find this message useful?  Click on the thumbs up set to give a Compliment! Follow us on Facebook Assistance customers HP.

HP Recommended

The information light is blinking and there are no error codes what would be the cause

HP Recommended

I am not using a computer I am using my smart phone and WiFi

HP Recommended

@Randyk1973 

Thanks for your return,

Are you enrolled in HP Instant Ink services?
If so, that may be the issue. So I recommend you to contact HP Instant Ink support: here.

Cheers,:Wink:

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.