Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jimkuy
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Bought a new HP printer and need to transfer my instant ink subscription to that printer. How?

HP Office jet 5255

I have an instant ink account with lots of pages built up.  I just bought a new printer and need to transfer my current subscription to the new printer and keep the paper count.  

How is that done?  

Thanks,

Jimkuy

1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
5,947 5,939 379 456
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Bought a new HP printer and need to transfer my instant ink subscription to that printer. How?

@Jimkuy, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I understand you would like to transfer the Instant ink subscription to a newly bought printer. let us follow these steps:

1. Set up your new printer. Make sure to SKIP any Instant Ink offers you see during the printer setup. HP Instant Ink cartridges that were used in one printer cannot be used in another printer.

2. To transfer your Instant Ink account from the original to the replacement printer, sign in to your HP Instant Ink account.

3. If you have more than one printer, select the printer you are replacing.

4. If you see a ‘Printer Replacement notification’, click Continue in that notification. If you do not see the notification, click Enroll/Replace Printer in the Status area.

5. If you need help connecting your printer to the wireless network and enabling web services, follow the on-screen instructions.

Let me know how this goes.

If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation