cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
djb1961
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Solved!

CARTRIDGE ERROR on black ink cartridge; HP ENVY PHOTO 7855

HP Recommended

My printer was offline and I had to update the Wi fi and password after upgrading my modem recently.  When it came back online, it had a Cartridge Error that would not go away.  I had not opened the printer nor messed with the cartridges in any way at that time.  Then, I tried removing and reinserting both cartridges, one at a time, removed and cleaned them per instructions, removed from power and powered back on after pause for about 5-10 minutes, nothing.  I used the HP Instant Ink Virtual agent who walked me through these steps again, could see it was the black cartridge, and sent a replacement cartridge.  When it arrived, I removed the old cartridge and inserted the new one, but no change in the cartridge error!  I disconnected from power again, powered back on, removed and reinserted new cartridge, nothing.  HELP!  Desperate!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jay_G24
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
14,330 14,296 1,174 1,297
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @djb1961,

If you have already performed the steps from the document Error Indicates Faulty Ink Cartridge and the issue persists, it could be a hardware failure.

Please reach out to the HP Support in your region regarding the service options for your printer.

If you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty. If yes? please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from. Check next to your profile name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it. 

Hope this helps!

And, Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping

View solution in original post

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
2 REPLIES 2
Jay_G24
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
14,330 14,296 1,174 1,297
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @djb1961,

If you have already performed the steps from the document Error Indicates Faulty Ink Cartridge and the issue persists, it could be a hardware failure.

Please reach out to the HP Support in your region regarding the service options for your printer.

If you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty. If yes? please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from. Check next to your profile name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it. 

Hope this helps!

And, Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping

View solution in original post

djb1961
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Sent you a message.  Thank you.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation