Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
09-19-2022 03:17 PM - last edited on 09-19-2022 04:21 PM by MayS
I received a new ink cartridge that was sent to me via the instaink program, but after manually installing it, the printer gets stuck at the "validating" process. Anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks in advance!
09-29-2022 11:17 AM
Welcome to the HP support community.
I understand that the printer is stuck in the validation process, I am glad to assist you.
Clean the electric contacts on the toner cartridge
- The toner cartridge might have a faulty connection to the printer. Use a lint-free cloth to clean the toner cartridge contact (E-label).
- Open the toner cartridge access door.
- Remove the toner cartridge from its slot.
- Use a lint-free cloth to wipe the toner cartridge contact (E-label) on the top left of the toner cartridge.
- NOTE: Coffee filters work well.
- Figure : E-label on a toner cartridge
- Insert the toner cartridge into its slot, and then close the toner cartridge access door.
Reset the printer
- Sometimes an error message persists even though there is no packing material or jammed paper inside the printer. Resetting the printer might resolve the error.
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the printer.
- Unplug the power cord from the power source.
- Wait 60 seconds.
- Reconnect the power cord to a wall outlet and to the printer.
- NOTE: HP recommends plugging the printer directly into a wall outlet.
Keep me posted.
If this helps, please mark the public post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.
I am an HP Employee
09-30-2022 10:35 AM
Thank you so much for your detailed response. I really appreciate your efforts. Unfortunately, your response didn't come soon enough and I ended up getting an HP agent to help. She ended up remoting in to my computer and uninstalled, and re-installed my printer. That sorted out the problem!