Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended
HP printer
Chrome OS

I have two printers - one in one state enrolled in the instant ink program and another printer in another state not enrolled in the instant ink program yet. I spend six months in each location. Can I suspend enrollment on one printer for six months while I am away? I plan on enrolling the other printer when I am there and hope to do the same thing.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Here is how you can make this work but you can only put the account on hold/suspended for 4 months not 6 months.

I have two printers, one in Florida currently under an instant ink subscription and one in Vermont that is not currently under a subscription.

You are able to have 2 printers under 1 account but it would be considered 2 subscriptions.  In order to have 2 printers under 1 account and only pay for 1 subscription you would need to add the printer in Vermont to your account and then put the printer in Florida on hold based on the directions in my previous message.  Note: when you put the printer on hold it will not take affect until the end of the billing cycle you are in.  So if your billing cycle goes from May 15-June 14 and you put it on hold May 25 it will be active until June 14 and you will have to pay for that month but when June 15 billing cycle starts then your next 4 billing cycles will be free on the FL printer.

I leave Florida on Friday and will not be using the printer there until next November. Meanwhile, I will be using a different printer in Vermont from May 25th until I return to Florida.

When you return to FL then you can do the reverse and put the Vermont printer on a 4 month hold.  During the 2 months in which the one printer won't be on hold you can put it on the cheapest plan at $2.99/m so you don't lose the subscription.  Note:  you need to think about this one month before the billing cycle you want it to start if you are on a higher plan than 50 pages per month.  Ex: If you are on the 300 page plan and your billing cycle is May 15-June 14th then you will want to request the downgrade to the cheaper plan in your Apr 15-May 14th billing cycle as it takes 1 billing cycle to be affected.

I hope this helps clarify.  Let me know if you have further questions.

Thanks,

JillSa

I am an HP employee.
Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as Accepted Solution

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi

Yes, you can get the temporary cancellation offer for up to 4 months. 

If you need to pause your account (for up to four months), please follow these steps:

1. Log on to your account at  www.hpinstantink.com/signin
  2. Click on the ‘My Account’ icon at the left side of your Home page
  3. Select ‘Account Settings’ then ‘Cancel my HP Instant Ink Subscription’
  4. In the pop-up box, select ‘I’m cancelling temporarily, or experiencing financial hardship’
  5. Follow the rest of the prompts depending on your situation.  Accounts can be paused for up to 4 months.
I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

This doesn't quite answer my question - I have two printers, one in Florida currently under an instant ink subscription and one in Vermont that is not currently under a subscription. I leave Florida on Friday and will not be using the printer there until next November. Meanwhile, I will be using a different printer in Vermont from May 25th until I return to Florida.

I would like to suspend my subscription in Florida during the time I am gone, but start a subscription in Vermont for the printer that I have there for the time that I am there.

Your reply does not answer this situation, but I would like to continue to work with the instant ink program if there is a way to not have to pay for a service that I am not receiving.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Here is how you can make this work but you can only put the account on hold/suspended for 4 months not 6 months.

I have two printers, one in Florida currently under an instant ink subscription and one in Vermont that is not currently under a subscription.

You are able to have 2 printers under 1 account but it would be considered 2 subscriptions.  In order to have 2 printers under 1 account and only pay for 1 subscription you would need to add the printer in Vermont to your account and then put the printer in Florida on hold based on the directions in my previous message.  Note: when you put the printer on hold it will not take affect until the end of the billing cycle you are in.  So if your billing cycle goes from May 15-June 14 and you put it on hold May 25 it will be active until June 14 and you will have to pay for that month but when June 15 billing cycle starts then your next 4 billing cycles will be free on the FL printer.

I leave Florida on Friday and will not be using the printer there until next November. Meanwhile, I will be using a different printer in Vermont from May 25th until I return to Florida.

When you return to FL then you can do the reverse and put the Vermont printer on a 4 month hold.  During the 2 months in which the one printer won't be on hold you can put it on the cheapest plan at $2.99/m so you don't lose the subscription.  Note:  you need to think about this one month before the billing cycle you want it to start if you are on a higher plan than 50 pages per month.  Ex: If you are on the 300 page plan and your billing cycle is May 15-June 14th then you will want to request the downgrade to the cheaper plan in your Apr 15-May 14th billing cycle as it takes 1 billing cycle to be affected.

I hope this helps clarify.  Let me know if you have further questions.

Thanks,

JillSa

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

Jill's - that last message really helps - the one other condition that I should have added to the Florida printer is that the power and internet will be off during the time that I am away - will I still be able to suspend its subscription when I am up in Vermont or will it be inaccessible due to the power and internet being off?

We are making progress:)

Thanks

HP Recommended

Hi,

You can put your account on hold at anytime, even if the printer is offline.  However, at the end of the billing cycle if you are offline the service will not know your total pages printed as of the day you went offline so it will charge you the monthly service fee.  If you went over your page amount and have additional page charges it won't charge you right away, those charges will be made once you come back online so you would get billed the additional amount 6 months later when back online.

Hope that makes sense.  If you run into any issue with putting on hold let me know.

JillSa

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

JillSa  - I think I'm all set now - I will wait until I am in Vermont and add that printer to my subscription and suspend the printer in Florida until I get back to Florida in November and at that time suspend the printer in Vermont - I appreciate the help 😎

CAPVT

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.