Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
08-30-2022 10:39 AM - last edited on 08-30-2022 12:21 PM by JessikaV
I opened a case with HP a week ago because the instant-ink black cartridge in my 7155 printer leaves too many white streaks in document text to be useful. I have gone through the "cleaning process" 3 times without improvement. I have wasted too many pages in my monthly allotment already. I need to print a document today and it is worth it, to me, to go to an office store and buy an HP cartridge. Will the store-bought HP cartridge work? I cannot wait any longer for my case # response. Thanks.
08-31-2022 02:16 PM - edited 08-31-2022 02:18 PM
Welcome to the HP Support Community
I understand you are facing a print quality issue with your HP ENVY Photo 7155 Printer. Not to worry I will help you to get a resolution to resolve the issue.
To answer your question: Yes! you may use a local ink cartridge to check and it would work.
- Does the copy work fine?
Let's perform a power drain:
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and also unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
- Remove USB cable, if present.
- Wait for 2-3 minutes, press and hold the power button on your printer for about 30 seconds to remove any additional charge.
- Now plug back the power cable straight to a wall outlet without any surge protector or an extension cord (This is important) and then plug back the power cord to the printer.
- Turn on the printer and wait till warm-up period finishes and the printer is idle
Update the printer firmware
- Click here to download and install the latest printer firmware from your product
- Click here to know different methods of updating printer firmware.
You may also refer to this document with steps to fix the " Print Quality Issues" issue applicable to your printer - Print Quality Issues
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee