Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended
HP DeskJet Plus 4152 All-in-One Printer

I'm trying to enroll a replacement printer into my Instant Ink account.  I get the error shown in the screenshots below.  I spent more than 2 hours on the phone with HP Support but they couldn't figure out what to do.  What we tried:

1) Using either the HP Smart on the phone or the PC both give the same error message.  The "Printer" part in the screenshot below never loads.

2) Resetting the printer to factory defaults from the Embedded Web Services, then redoing step (1) and getting the same error.

3) After the call, I even tried HP Secure Delete and redoing the enrollment, but I got the same error.

4) Entering the printer enrollment code directly on the website as a replacement printer gives the error "Your HP+ printer can’t be claimed here. This is a new printer that needs to be set up using the HP Smart software or app." as shown in the screenshot below.

5) Entering the printer enrollment code directly on the website as a new printer also gives the same error "Your HP+ printer can’t be claimed here. This is a new printer that needs to be set up using the HP Smart software or app."

6) Creating a new HP account and attempting to enroll the printer there using the HP Smart gives the same error as in (1).

7) The agent promised a callback, but I'm still waiting for the callback.

Any ideas?

4100EPrintProb_0-1670100914398.png

4100EPrintProb_1-1670101087445.png

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

As I never received the promised callback, I called in again and spoke with someone from the Instant Ink department who hadn't heard about this problem.  He eventually transferred me to his supervisor, who seemed quite familiar with it and advised me this is a known issue with certain models.  He removed my printer from my Instant Ink account and tried again, and it still didn't work, and he advised that this has to be escalated to a case manager to resolve.  He told me it would take 3 days.  Unfortunately, another 3 days have long passed and I have not heard back with any resolution for this issue.

Is there anyone from HP who can follow through with the promised callbacks and help?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.