Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended
OfficeJet 9010
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi everyone -

I just bought a new OfficeJet 9010. Planning ahead, I also bought a spare black ink cartridge.

When it arrived, I learned about Instant Ink, and signed up.

I'd like to use the spare black ink cartridge at some point - is there any way to tell Instant Ink that I want to skip the next black ink shipment?

Thanks,

Aaron

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@GameMaker Instant Ink will only deliver new ink when the existing ink is low, and it can only detect that when you've got your printer connected to the internet at all times, while using the HP Instant Ink cartridges, that said, there are no options to skip the free cartridges, remember, you are only paying for the subscription not the cartridges.

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

I hope that answers your query,  

If it did, simply select "Accept as solution", to help the community grow, 

And if you wish to thank us for our efforts, click on the thumbs up for kudos.

Have a great day ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you -

I'm still a little unclear, so follow-up question:

What would happen if I took the Instant Ink black cartridge out and replaced it with an HP non Instant-Ink cartridge? Would it print if I'm subscribed to Instant Ink, or does it only work with Instant Ink cartridges?

If it would print, what would happen when the NON Instant-Ink cartridge is empty? Would it request a new one, or no? (I would prefer it does not.)

HP Recommended

@GameMaker Replacements are only shipped for Instant Ink cartridges, that does not mean you cannot print using non-instant ink cartridges, you definitely can, only it would not be counted as pages printed via the instant ink program and therefore no replacements will be sent.

The instant ink cartridges has a special chip (for the lack of a better word) and that when connected to the internet, notifies us that the ink is low, when that happens, the system automatically ships a new cartridge to your door step.

I hope that answers your query,  

If it did, simply select "Accept as solution", to help the community grow, 

And if you wish to thank us for our efforts, click on the thumbs up for kudos.

Have a great day ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.