Level 1
2 1 1 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Cancelled Instant Ink service and now I can't print

Hi 

I have cancelled my instant ink and CHANGED MY PRINTER CARTRIDGE and now cannot print anything.  

I am not using instant ink cartridges and have sent them back to HP.  The Instant Ink page confirms that I have left.  The printer webpage confirms that I am using new cartridges and recognises them.  I am using a HP-ENVY 5530 and the correct 61 cartridges. 

Immediately after I cancelled and replaced the cartridge, the printer will not print.  All the lights on the printer are flashing and when I try to print, everything simply says there is an error.  Given that I have just spent $50 on cartridges, I am very frustrated.

Any suggestions?
Many thanks

1 REPLY 1
hsaru
Level 1
2 1 1 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Cancelled Instant Ink service and now I can't print

Hello,

As an update, I managed to resolve this.  I cancelled my instant ink service mid-month, and it appears that instead of having the rest of the month that I paid for to use instant ink as was promised - the printer refused to use any HP cartridge until the end of the month (either instant ink or a HP official one)  

Once the month had ended, the new cartridges started to work.  This wasn't ideal by any means and nearly led to me buying a new printer, but I'm glad it's now working.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation