Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Cannot make printer to print a copy from the scanner glass.

HP Recommended
1KR42Atwo
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

2 weeks ago wished to copy a photo. Loaded new 'hp smart print' didn't work. Printed A4 paper from computer but would not copy, from glass or top input. After few days would not print at all, screen gave message 'paper missmatch'. Wife's m/c continues to print OK. On trying to find reasons, found out no printing if not registered with 'Instant Ink'. Registration is with wife's  email address. Do I need to register too?  Monthly copy limit on her a/c =100, payment in accordance. If I must register, can be done  if all problems are settled, 'How do we reduce usage to 50 on each a/c?'

It would be easier to settle problems like this by telephone with an expert from your end as my knowledge is limited.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
11,985 11,978 751 913
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Datomarta

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you.

As the printer is registered in Instant Ink, you do not have to create separate accounts for you and your wife. 

I assume you are trying to make a copy of a picture. To know how to make copies on the printer, kindly refer to this document.

HP Smart app is not required to make a copy on the printer. It is required when you want to print something from your phone or computer.

As your wife is able to print fine, it means the printer is working fine and there are no issues with the Instant Ink account.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation