Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended
HP DeskJet 2710e All-in-One Printer
Other

I am unable to register my new printer. 

I am using my Oppo mobile phone which is Android Version 12

I can print wirelessly from phone to the printer but I cannot complete the registration process for instant ink.

See attached error message 

Screenshot_2022-07-15-11-32-39-96_5d09c193f5de667b3d41d3175112d0cd.jpg

 i follow get support and it doesn't help 

Any advise would be great 

Have been stuck on HP helpline for 25 mins with no agent responding 

Thanks 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Smoothhead

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

I'd be happy to assist you with the web services issue.

Let's remove and add web services: 1. Open the embedded web server (EWS).  2. Click the Web Services tab, and then click Remove Web Services in the Web Services Settings section. 3. Click Remove Web Services. 4. Click Yes to remove Web Services from your printer.

1. Open the embedded web server (EWS). 2. Click the Web Services tab. 3. In the Web Services Settings section, click Setup , click Continue, and follow the onscreen instructions to accept the terms of use. 4. If prompted, choose to allow the printer to check for and install printer updates.

NOTE: If prompted for a password, enter the PIN from the label on your printer. It might be near the cartridge access area inside the printer or on the back, side, or bottom of the printer. NOTE: If prompted for proxy settings and if your network uses proxy settings, follow the onscreen instructions to set up a proxy server. If you do not have the details, contact your network administrator or the person who set up the network.

NOTE: If a printer update is available, the printer downloads and installs the update, and then restarts. Repeat the instructions above to set up Web Services. 5. When the printer is connected to the server, the printer prints an information page. Follow the instructions on the information page to finish the setup.

To open the embedded web server through a network 1. Find out the IP address or hostname of the printer by pressing the Information button ( ) to print an Information page.

NOTE: The printer must be on a network and must have an IP address. 2. In a supported web browser on your computer, type the IP address or hostname assigned to the printer. For example, if the IP address is 123.123.123.123, type the following address into the web browser: http://123.123.123.123.

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.