Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended
HP Envy 5000 All-In-One Printer
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

the instant ink page tells me my printer is offline (even after several retries and resets of the printer and pc software), even tho the printer in connected to the wifi (with excellent connection). Additionally, everytime i try to print i get an error (printer is in an error state). This might be because of the instant ink problem, but it might be an additional problem. I know this problem happened to others before, but i couldnt find any help from forum posts.

Thanks in advance,

Balco

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Blenco We got your covered, here's all you need to know and do, let's get started:

I recommend you click here to turn off the web service when done successfully, go ahead and click here to turn on the web services, and check if it works, if it doesn't, you may need to assign a manual IP to resolve the issue, refer to this related post for steps: click here

(Though the header is different or the link is for another device, the steps to follow will help resolve your concern & By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)

If that doesn't do the trick, please check next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it as I've sent out a list of questions and I could provide a better solution once I have the answers: Click here for more details on how to access the private messages on HP Forums

We eagerly await your response,

Help us, help you.

And Take care.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Blenco We got your covered, here's all you need to know and do, let's get started:

I recommend you click here to turn off the web service when done successfully, go ahead and click here to turn on the web services, and check if it works, if it doesn't, you may need to assign a manual IP to resolve the issue, refer to this related post for steps: click here

(Though the header is different or the link is for another device, the steps to follow will help resolve your concern & By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)

If that doesn't do the trick, please check next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it as I've sent out a list of questions and I could provide a better solution once I have the answers: Click here for more details on how to access the private messages on HP Forums

We eagerly await your response,

Help us, help you.

And Take care.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hey, thanks for the (highly optimistic) reply! Resetting the webservices solved half my problem, the printer is now correctly "online" in the instant ink interface. Sadly, i still can't print. Printing from the printer (e.g. the webservice info page) works, but from the computer doesn't. I tried printing both from the HP Smart App (Easy PDF Print) and printing directly from Adobe Reader, both failed. I only get a Windows Error Message with no Error Code or Log, so i can't really give much information. I already tried reinstalling the drivers both from windows and from the hp page. I hope we get this solved (eventually..)

Best Regards,

Blenco

HP Recommended

@Blenco Getting this issue resolved, is something you and me, both wish to see and I shall find a fix if that's the last thing I have to do! 😉

Since the printer is showing online, and yet not printing, could you check if the copier works? when you print without the use of the computer? if it does, please print a diagnostic page and let me know if that works, keep me posted.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks again! Copying from the printer itself works and printing from another laptop does too 😑. So, since we can print again the problem is not that big anymore and now I'm 100% sure its a Windows/Drivers/etc. problem. I'm just gonna make sure my PC forgets everything he has ever known about any printer and install the drivers from scratch and i should theoretically work, but i will do this much later. If there are any more problems, i will post again, but for now, thanks for all the fast and helpful replies!

Cheers,

Blenco

HP Recommended

@Blenco The pleasure is all mine, that said, you are absolutely right, this seems to be an issue with the driver, and reinstalling it should do the trick, I'll list them below, you may perform them when you feel its time 😉

Press "Windows key" + "r" to get the "Run" window.

Type "services.msc" to get Services - Go to "Print spooler" - Right-click and "Stop" the service.

Now again open "Run" - Type "spool" and ok - Go to PRINTERS folder - delete everything in that folder.

Go to services again - Start the print spooler.

Now check for issue resolution.

If the issue persists, unplug the USB cable from the printer (if present). 

Go to Control panel - Programs and feature - Select all the HP printer entries and uninstall them.

Now go to Control panel - Devices and printer - Select all the printer entries and remove the device.

Press the "windows key" + "r" to get the "Run" window open - Type "printui.exe /s" (There is a space between .exe & /) and press enter.

Under print server properties, go to drivers - remove any entry there as well.

Again, go to the Run window, type - "c:/programdata" - Go to the Hewlett Packard folder, remove any printer related folders & files.

Restart your computer.

Then, use this link to access the HP website, find the drivers compatible with your windows and install it: click here

Keep me posted and good luck!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.