Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended
Deskjet 5200
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My printer will not print because it says that I am not registered for instant print.  Instant print cartridges are installed and used to work. I am  have logged into HP Smart, how do I sort this out? The Instant print is recording that I am printing on the 16th and have not been all day long due to this fault.   Printing is activated but cancels due to this annoying fault.  I had a problem with a bulb blowing in the same circuit and that tripped the RCD and switched the printer off first thing.  I have tried various wizards to sort this out. Nothing has happened.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Fu67 I verified your account and everything seems to be fine, the issue isn't the account, that said, here's a few things that should help:

If you use HP ePrint but do not have an HP Connected account, your printer Web Services might be already turned on, but the printer claim code might be expired. HP Instant Ink enrollment requires you to create an HP Connected account and register your printer with a valid printer claim code.

To obtain a valid printer claim code, turn off Web Services using the printer control panel, and then turn on Web Services again.
Touch or press the HP ePrint icon, and then touch or press Settings.
If your printer control panel does not have a button or icon, navigate to Web Services Setup, Network Setup, or Wireless Settings to open the Web Services menu, depending on your printer model.
Select Turn Off, Disable, or Remove Web Services, depending on your printer model.
Follow the on-screen instructions to turn off Web Services.
Turn on Web Services again.
The information page prints with a new printer claim code.
   NOTE:
When you turn on Web Services again, your printer receives a new email address for HP ePrint. After you create an HP Connected account, you can customize the printer email address. Go to Setting Up an HP Connected Account for more information about customizing the printer email address.
After you turn on Web Services again, complete the steps in this document to Sign up and use the claim code to add your printer to HP Instant Ink to create an HP Connected account and enroll in HP Instant Ink.

Refer this article to know more information about enrolling in HP instant ink. Click Here

Also, refer this article to know more about instant ink. Click Here

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi @Fu67,

Please send us a private message with your Instant Ink account details or you may also respond to the private message I've sent out and I'll help you out, accordingly. Check next to your profile name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it. 

Let me know. 

And, Welcome to the HP Support Community

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

This problem has started again I have my new Instant Print cartridges installed to my scanner printer Envy 5020 and they fail to print saying I must enrol them in Instant Print, Have tried to sort this out to no avail and will ring up tomorrow if time to see if I can return this printer for repair,  It has 13 days to go on its warranty,   The unit is connected to the internet and scans perfectly - why are the Instant Ink cartridge's giving me trouble?  I was very pleased with this printer until this problem kept occurring. I have not had any windows 10 updates or installed any software since the new set arrived and worked perfectly.

HP Recommended

I have tried to send you my instant print details and model etc of printer scanner and the software says i cannot send any messages at present,   What is wrong with the server please

HP Recommended

@Fu67 I verified your account and everything seems to be fine, the issue isn't the account, that said, here's a few things that should help:

If you use HP ePrint but do not have an HP Connected account, your printer Web Services might be already turned on, but the printer claim code might be expired. HP Instant Ink enrollment requires you to create an HP Connected account and register your printer with a valid printer claim code.

To obtain a valid printer claim code, turn off Web Services using the printer control panel, and then turn on Web Services again.
Touch or press the HP ePrint icon, and then touch or press Settings.
If your printer control panel does not have a button or icon, navigate to Web Services Setup, Network Setup, or Wireless Settings to open the Web Services menu, depending on your printer model.
Select Turn Off, Disable, or Remove Web Services, depending on your printer model.
Follow the on-screen instructions to turn off Web Services.
Turn on Web Services again.
The information page prints with a new printer claim code.
   NOTE:
When you turn on Web Services again, your printer receives a new email address for HP ePrint. After you create an HP Connected account, you can customize the printer email address. Go to Setting Up an HP Connected Account for more information about customizing the printer email address.
After you turn on Web Services again, complete the steps in this document to Sign up and use the claim code to add your printer to HP Instant Ink to create an HP Connected account and enroll in HP Instant Ink.

Refer this article to know more information about enrolling in HP instant ink. Click Here

Also, refer this article to know more about instant ink. Click Here

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.