Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended
HP Envy Photo 6234
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My printer has a cartridge error message. I have re-seated the cartridge but this does not fix the problem.

None of the suggest support pages make any difference.

The printer is in Warranty but most likely

I cannot replace the cartridge as I have no spare Instant Ink.

I cannot request a new instant ink cartridge as HP Smart Apps says there is a error in the cartridge.

Catch 22 - so can you ship me new cartridges please.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Kronos101, Welcome to HP Support Community!

Replace the ink cartridge with the replacement one you have. If the issue still persists, you can reach us back for further assistance.

Thank you 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

29 REPLIES 29
HP Recommended

@SimonRW, Welcome to HP Support Community!

To assist you better, We would need some information related to your Instant Ink Subscription. This information cannot be shared on a public post.

I have sent you a private message, reply to the message with your details.

In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link.

Keep me posted.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Simon

I have an hpenvy4524 printer with the same problem, did a new cartridge fix it? And how did you get the cartridge?

PGL7

HP Recommended

@PGL7, Welcome to HP Support Community!

To assist you better, We would need some information related to your Instant Ink Subscription. This information cannot be shared on a public post.

I have sent you a private message, reply to the message with your details.

In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link.

Keep me posted.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Not fixed yet.

The dialogue with HP support is going nowhere, hope you are getting better service!

HP Recommended

I also have the same problem.  I've got an HP Envy 5540 and the tri-color cartridge has been working fine up till the other day. Suddenly the printer tells me it needs to be removed and reinstalled, but doing this doesn't make any difference.  I've done that several times and have even cleaned it like it suggests on the help page but it still doesn't work.  I do have a replacement cartridge but not sure whether to put that one in as that might not solve the problem. Please help!

HP Recommended

@Kronos101, Welcome to HP Support Community!

Replace the ink cartridge with the replacement one you have. If the issue still persists, you can reach us back for further assistance.

Thank you 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks, that has worked!

HP Recommended

I also have the same problem, I has replaced with new cartridge and still showing the same error massage, ENVY 4528.

HP Recommended

@Pruck, Welcome to HP Support Community!

I recommend contacting our HP Instant Ink phone support for further assistance.  

For more details, click on this link

They should be able to assist you with the issue. 

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.