10-30-2019 02:35 AM
ENVY 4520 prints ok for a couple of pages then displays Error Message:
Remove and replace the indicated cartridge, making sure it is correctly installed.
I have done this repeatedly (colour cartridge) and it keeps returning. I keep being sent new black cartridges but no new colour cartridges to fix the problem! Please Help!
11-01-2019 12:40 PM
@Emily78, Welcome to the HP Support Community!
Are you using HP Instant Ink cartridges in the printer?
Let us try these steps to resolve this issue:
Reset the printer
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
- Wait at least 60 seconds.
- Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
- Turn ON the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
- Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you proceed.
Note: HP recommends connecting the printer directly to a wall outlet rather than a surge protector or a power strip.
Also, perform steps 2 and 3 mentioned in this document.
As the issue is related to Instant ink cartridges, I need more information to help you out.
Since the instant ink account details are confidential, please send me the required information via private message.
I am sending you a private message with the information required.
- In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage
Let me know how this goes.
If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee
11-11-2019 10:48 AM
@Emily78 Thanks for the details, I have verified the account, I see the cartridge error and since you've already performed all relevant steps, yet the issue persists, I have placed an order for an express shipment of both cartridges (color and black), they should be delivered to you within 3-5 business days, please replace both cartridges to resolve the issue once and for all.
Let me know how that pans out and/or if you need anything else,
If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.
I am an HP Employee