Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
04-21-2022 10:32 AM
My printer has been working fine until today when we receive the message "Cartridge problem. Removing and reinstalling the tri-colour, cleaning the contact as indicated by help, and it seems does not solve the problem. The cartridge is still full as I only use less than 20 sheets of printing. Please help me resolve this issue, or is it possible for a refund for the ink cartridge if the available option is to change to a new one.
04-25-2022 02:14 PM
Welcome to the HP Support Community.
I'd like to help!
I understand you are facing a cartridge error on the printer.
Follow the steps to resolve the issue-
Reset the printer
Reset the printer to recover from printer errors or failures.
- If your printer has a rechargeable battery, remove it.
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the printer.
- Unplug the power cord from the power source.
- Wait 60 seconds.
- Reconnect the power cord to a wall outlet and to the printer.
HP recommends plugging the printer directly into a wall outlet.
- Turn on the printer to complete the reset.
Clean the ink cartridge and carriage electrical contacts
Remove any debris or buildup from the contacts on the cartridges and in the carriage.
Open the door or lid to the cartridge access area. Wait until the carriage stops moving before continuing.
Remove the cartridge indicated in the error message from the carriage.
Carriages with cartridge latches: Open the latch, and then pull the cartridge up and out of the slot.
Carriages without cartridge latches: Gently press down on the cartridge to release it, and then pull it out of the slot.
Holding the cartridge by the sides, remove any protective tape that still might be on the contacts.
Do not touch the ink nozzles or the copper-colored electrical strip. Touching or trying to remove these parts can result in clogs, ink failure, and bad electrical connections.
Lightly dampen a lint-free cloth with distilled water, and then wipe the copper-colored contacts on the cartridge.
Lightly dampen a lint-free cloth or swab with distilled water, and then clean the electrical contacts in the carriage.
Wait 10 minutes for the contacts to dry, and then reinsert the cartridge into its color-coded slot.
Repeat these steps for the other cartridge if it was indicated in the error message.
Close the door or lid to the cartridge access area.
If the error persists, clean the cartridge and carriage contacts a second time.
Try the single-cartridge mode
The printer you own can work in single-cartridge mode, wherein the printer will be able to print with one cartridge in the printer. This will help us identify if its a cartridge issue or a printhead issue
To try single-cartridge mode follow the below steps:
- remove the black ink from the printer, leave the color in and try printing
- then remove the color ink and, insert the black in and try printing
If the error persists,
- I've sent you a private message with further instructions to get this issue sorted.
- In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP community profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Yes" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping