Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended
HP Officejet 5320 all in one series.
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I received my HP Instant Ink welcome kit and installed the cartridges. They were fine for a couple of hours - I was able to print, then I had message that 'cartridges cant be used until my printer is enrolled in HP Instant Ink'.  I am enrolled hence the welcome kit. I  have been through the Virtual Chat a few times to try and sort (power on/off,  take cartridges out/put them back in, unplug wait 30 seconds etc.) but nothing worked. My printer is connected wirelessly to my VM Hub 3 and I have HP Smart app on my laptop both have an 'Excellent' signal.  On my Instant Ink account I notice that although the green tick meaning the printer is online,  when I click the refresh button to connect to my printer I always have the same message - 'can't connect to printer now, try again later'. My HP Smart app recognises the printer. Can anyone help with this?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi @DebbieA1

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you.

Restart the wireless router, the printer, and the PC.

Refer to the steps mentioned in this document. 

If the issue persists, restart the web services on the printer.

Refer to this document to know how to turn it off. To know how to turn it back on, click here.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Kumar.

Thank you for responding. Unfortunately it did not work. I am in contact with one of your support agents via telephone. They suggested the following needed to be changed on my VM Hub 3.0  - allowing ports to be opened (he supplied a list of port #), adding the printer to the DNZ and disabling the firewall. I have done this and restarted router, laptop and printer, turned Web Services off and on and am still getting the same message. I have also tried enrolling new printer on HP Instant Ink and entering the a new Printer Claim Code several times. Not sure what else I can do. The HP Support Agent is phoning me tomorrow. 

HP Recommended

@DebbieA1

Glad to know that you are being assisted by an HP representative on phone. Keep me posted for any other assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Kumar307

Thanks for your response.

I didn't get my HP Support phone call on Thursday so this problem is ongoing. I have again tried the Virtual Agent for this problem. My laptop is recognising the printer because I have the error message on my HP Smart app. HP Instant Ink can't connect to my printer to update my status (even though the green online tick is constant) and recognise the cartridges. Am getting a little impatient as you can imagine I've spent hours trying to resolve this issue. 

Can you suggest anything else? I'm starting to think I would be better off cancelling my HP Instant Ink account.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.