07-18-2019 08:14 AM
I have a dell (win10 setup) with Laser Jet Pro 200 color MFP printer (all in one).
When one of the color cartridges runs out of ink, it used to say for eg "cyan low replace"
but it after an update it doesnt tell me which color is low. Instead the (small ) screen on
the printer says because a color is low it is resorting to printing in black.
Not very helpful, as I dont know which color to replace.
07-21-2019 02:26 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Community.
Try these steps -
Step 1 HP Print and Scan Doctor -
Click on this link to download and run HP Print and Scan Doctor
Step 2 Re-install the printer drivers -
1. In the search box, type and open "Uninstall a Program".
2. Look for HP Printer software.
3. Right-click to uninstall.
4. In the search box, type and open “Devices and printers”.
5. In the Devices and Printers, look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose “Delete” or “Remove Device”.
6. Open the run command with the "Windows key + R" key combo.
7. Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between “printui.exe” and “/s”).
8. Click on the "Drivers" tab.
9. Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click “Remove” at the bottom.
10. Select Ok.
11. Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows.
12. Close Devices and Printers Once the software and drivers are removed.
13. Restart the computer.
14. Download and install the software and drivers from here.
15. Click on the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions.
Also, try updating the printer's firmware. Refer to this document for steps - HP Printers - Updating or Upgrading Printer Firmware
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee