Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
10-29-2022 11:48 AM - last edited on 10-29-2022 04:14 PM by RodrigoB
Got error message - Cartridge cannot be used until printer is enrolled in HP Instant Ink.
The printer was working yesterday, but not today.
The little blue light is on showing that it is connected to the internet.
I have followed the virtual assistant directions many, many times, but the error message still comes up.
11-01-2022 05:20 AM - edited 11-01-2022 05:21 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Community
I'd like to help!
To assist better:
- Do you have a dual-band router?
- If you have a dual-band router and both 2.4GHz and 5GHz networks share the same name/SSID, the printer will not be able to connect to the network. In this case, contact your Internet service provider to assign different names to both networks.
While you respond to that let's try the below suggestions:
Restart the computer, printer, and router
- To resolve many connectivity issues, restart the computer, printer, and router.
- NOTE: The following steps temporarily disconnect network and Internet connections, and require restarting your computer. Complete any tasks or downloads in progress before you continue.
- Turn off the router by pressing the power button or disconnecting the power cord.
- Turn off the printer.
- Close all running programs on your computer, and then shut down the computer.
- Press the power button or reconnect the power cord to the router, and then wait for the Internet activity light to display a normal connected status.
- Turn on the printer.
- Turn on the computer.
- Try to turn on Web Services.
- If the issue persists, continue to the next step.
Let's disable web services and re-enable it
- Touch on the wifi icon ((i)) on the printer, and take down the IP address
- Open a web browser (ex Chrome or Mozilla) and type in the printer's IP
- Click on web services and remove web services and re-enable it
- If the issue persists, proceed to the next step.
Check the Internet proxy server settings
- For networks that use proxy servers, update the Web Services settings in the printer EWS with the proxy information.
- Locate the Internet proxy settings.
- Windows: Search Windows for Internet, and then click Internet Options in the list of results. On the Internet Properties window, click the Connections tab, select your network, if necessary, and then click Settings.
The network settings menu displays with the proxy settings.
From the EWS, click the Web Services tab, and then click Proxy Settings.
- Type the Address and Port values for your proxy server connection, and then click Apply.
- Try to turn on Web Services.
Update the printer firmware
- HP regularly releases printer updates. Updating the printer firmware might resolve the issue.
- Refer -- HP Printers - Updating or Upgrading Printer Firmware
If the issue persists, then please send us a private message with your Instant Ink account details or you may also respond to the private message I've sent out and I'll help you out, accordingly. Please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Community profile Next, to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it or simply click on this link.
Hope this helps!
Please click “Accepted Solution” on my public post if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee